Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reject Change to Commit Date?

Level 8
Okay so not to open the "We hate Commit Date" can of worms again but..... If a user is on their My Work tab and changes the commit date of a task, the task owner gets a notification that shows the new commit date, tells them whether or not the Project Timeline is affected, and Allows them to changed the planned date to the new date proposed by the person assigned to the task. It does not, however, give the task owner the option to say "No the new date doesn't work, we need to stick with the original date" or something of the sort, unless the user comments on the notification that appears in the update area. Have any of you run into this problem and what workarounds/solutions have you guys found?
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mini. Our Synchroize Commit Date solution would resolve this situation for you. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Yes, we dislike this 'feature' as well! We try to cover this in our training: You can leave the date or propose a new date by clicking on the Commitment Date , and selecting a new date (1) -Additionally, call the PM if commitment dates need to change (to explain why) Planned Completion Date remains as original date (3/20) while Commitment date now reflects proposed date (3/23) unless the PM ‘accepts’ the proposed date and updates project schedule (2) Project Owner will receive a notification that you proposed a new date (3) -If a Project Manager/Owner doesn’t want to accept the change, they’ll comment back to the user to change the date to the original or select a new date

Level 8
Doug - Thanks! We'll take a look into that. Katherine - Our concern about comments being the only way to really "Reject" a commit date change is that comments and updates can easily fall through the cracks.

Level 10
Thanks Mini -- actually, I've just remembered that there is also a video of the Synchronize Commit Date solution in action, if that helps you assess it. Regards, Doug

Level 8
Doug - That's very helpful! Much appreciated.