Expand my Community achievements bar.

Re-Routing a Submitted Request to Another Request Queue

Level 7
We have had this happen a few of times and was wondering if there was another (simpler) way to do this other than what we have been doing. If Person A submits a request to Request Queue A, but the request should have really been submitted to Request Queue B, is there any easy way to re-route the request from Queue A to Queue B? What we have been doing is telling requestor that they need to re-submit their request to the correct queue and to delete their previous request (to the incorrect queue). Instead of having the requestor do this extra work, is there a way for someone on Request Queue A to 're-route' the request over to the correct queue, or a way for the requestor to do this themselves, without having to re-submit and re-send? Thanks! Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services
7 Replies

Level 10
Can you simply reassign the request to the proper team and move the request to the proper project (request queue)?

Level 9
We typically request that any errors made are resubmitted. Mostly since the majority of reports I've created use the queue routing topics etc.... as a main focus. And to my knowledge it's not fun to manually update those unless you are an admin etc... I don't believe tools typically allow a request to be altered - especially due to work flows and approvals. JohnSeitz ESPN

Level 3
This happens to us occasionally as well. We move the requests to the correct queue. If you use queue topics, I think the original queue topic stays with the request. It's kind of tricky to update the queue topic once assigned, but they can be changed when you view the list of requests if you have the queue topic included in the display view. As a courtesy, we also let the project owner for the new queue know about the transfer because a Move doesn't trigger the routing on the new queue and we don't want it to drop into a black hole simply because it wasn't assigned/routed when received via a move. Holly Harvey Business Analyst Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Publishing Services Salt Lake City UT

Level 6
This may be helpful. You cannot change a Queue topic from the Issue Details. However, you can change the Queue Topic manually. Create a project report (or Project view) that shows "Queue Topic: Name" Select the issue and adjust the Queue Topic manually. Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies

Level 2
We currently have only 1 Request Queue so we don't have the "wrong queue" problem.... However, we do get the wrong Queue Topic which more times than not it means the wrong Path. Last I knew only the Queue Topic could be edited, not the Path. So once I change the Queue Topic, I have to also manually change the user assignment. I usually make a comment and tag the old and new user(s) so they get the notification of the assignment change. Since the Queue Topic can be edited, it would be nice if it automatically changed the Path to tho the one it is associated with or at least be able to change it manually. I had submitted the idea last year... in case anyone has any interest is upvoting. :) "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115000560194-Ability-to-change-the-routing-Path-of-a-submitted-request">Ability-to-change-the-routing-Path-of-a-submitted-request Giselle Quintero Cross Country Home Services

Level 9
This happens to us often as we have several request queues and it will depend on the complexity of your request form. In some cases, it makes sense to enter a new request completely and others it's okay to just reassign over to the right team and move the issue to the right project. If you move the issue over, you can attach the correct custom form and any fields that were the same will populate and then ask the requester to edit the custom form and fill in the remaining questions. Some of the forms are so different it doesn't make sense to move the issue and we ask to reenter the request from the start. KIMBERLY REA Solutions Manager

Level 7
Thanks everyone for all of your helpful tips and suggestions. We do use queue topics in our queues, which is what was posing another problem for us -- how to easily change/associate the correct topic (along with the correct queue) to the incorrect submitted request. All of the options presented give me food for thought. At least, I know now that we have different ways that we can handle this. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services