Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

"auto-completion" based on predecessors?

Level 2
Hi there, is there a way to make a task turn 100% complete automatically once it's predecessors are also complete (without having to go and edit the task)? i've tried by setting the " tracking mode" as "predecessros" but it did not work. my problem is the following: I have a lot of cross-projects dependencies and have created task (milestones with 0 day duration) to keep track on them but so far it's proven useless. thank you Paola
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3
Reading your post more carefully now (don't do something first thing in the morning...) I realize that I misunderstood your question and my solution won't work. Vern R Phipps

Level 10
Hi Paola, Our Auto-Complete AtApp automatically marks Workfront milestone Tasks (those with zero work) as Complete once their predecessors are all complete. Regards, Doug

Level 2
Hi Doug, thanks for the info. ia vhe a couple of questions: 1) when you say "Workfront milestone Tasks" do you refer to any task with 0 duration or does it have to be a WorkFront milestone? 2) i followed the link to the AtApp you mentioned: does it mean we will have to "run" a job on a regular basis to see our tasks (with 0 duration and dependent exclusiverly on predecessors) marked as complete ? Also, is my company going to be charged on a per task basis? thank you. paola

Level 10
Hi Paola, Thanks for considering Auto-Complete : 1. Yes, any Task is considered, regardless of whether they are tagged as a milestone. Instead, you choose a Task Category (e.g. "Auto-Complete") then select the Maximum Task Length (e.g. 0 mins to 10 mins). Run it find and update as Complete every WorkFront Task within that Category that matches, providing their predecessors are all complete. 2. Yes, you can manually run whenever you wish; alternatively, you can schedule it to run automatically (under My Account > Scheduled AtApps). 3. Yes, the cost is per WorkFront Task updated, but with no charge for a Task that is already marked as Complete. When you join AtAppStore , we include a complimentary amount which you can use to try out Auto-Complete. Once that runs out, you can add funds as needed. We also offer a number of annual prepayment discounts ranging from 15% - 90% off, based on your expected usage, which I'd be happy to explain offline. Regards, Doug