Expand my Community achievements bar.

Quick Tip: Know how fast work gets done by reporting on work velocity

Employee

Knowing how fast work gets done, known as work velocity, and how often we’re hitting our intended dates gives us an opportunity to improve our processes where needed. More importantly, we can give our stakeholders more accurate and predictable timelines, which makes for happy stakeholders and more business opportunities.

Check out this blog to learn about what velocity is and how to create velocity reports for your organization.

"Like" this post if you find it helpful!👍

To find all previous Quick Tips, go here and view the Discussions tab.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5

I used the work velocity formula recently for a few of our key work processes. It's so great in theory, but our problem is data accuracy, that people aren't completing work when it's actually completed. But data inaccuracy thus strengthens the case for why we need to be using Workfront in the first place!

Employee

Ah, yes, I've definitely had that issue before. It definitely makes it obvious what needs to be fixed or used more in Workfront. In complete honesty, I've had to go back in and edit a few of my own actual completion dates when I saw a report that was not reflecting real life!