Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Pull Business Case Hours into a Project Report in New Experience

Level 3

Has anyone been able to find a way to pull in the sum of the business case hours into a project report? We used to use the old legacy tools which had a unique field called Budgeted Hours which was the sum of the business case hours, and could add it to reports and views for a project. Now there is no field that shows you the sum of the Business Case- there isn't a sum in the Business Case itself so we have to manually add up the hours or switch to the Utilization Report. I know about the Budgeted Hour report but it's a roll up of hours not a general sum. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Employee

Hey Sara,

I asked our support team about this one and they said that they would recommend a budgeted hour report or a utilization report... but since you didn't like that one, I hope that maybe by me responding we can have someone who knows more see this again and provide some insight.

@Doug Den Hoed‚ I know you've jumped in on business case discussions in the past... any words of wisdom to share here by chance?

Thanks!

Kyna

Level 10

Thanks Kyna and hello Sara,

Although it's possible that the new Reporting 2.0 functionality might help with this one, it's still a ways out, so other than the two workarounds the support team mentioned, the only (kinda) out of the box alternative I can suggest would be a relatively simple API report that you could type into a url (providing the Project ID) that returns the total (sparing you the Excel export / tally). Alternatively, I invite you to consider Fusion or our UberCalc solution, with which you could use to rollup-and-store the total you're after at the Project level.

Regards,

Doug