Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof Shared...but Not Shared

Level 10
Wondering if anybody else has experienced this: Licensed User shares a proof the correct way from within the proofing tool, using the Share/Add Recipients bujttons, adds the people (who are Reviewer status), changes the message and Sends. The recipient receives the notification with the link to the Proof and it works just fine. The next day, all trace of this activity is gone: the people the proof was shared with are not in the Workflow and the last message when sharing is not that message she wrote, but the one before that from the previous person who shared the proof. The other thing missing within the email notification is the "proof progress" section that is included whenever a proof is shared. (At least that's how it comes to me) I've opened a ticket, but wonder if anybody has seen this and knows what's going on? Jill Ackerman
8 Replies

Level 3
I have not heard from our users regarding missing activity on proofs - I'll have to walk around and check. We are, however, missing the "proof progress/SOCD", and just noticed it in the last hour or so. Checked the trust site and did not see anything about system issues. Not sure what is going on, and I'll probably submit a ticket as well. Angie Forsythe Mercy Health

Level 4
We're experiencing the missing SOCD acronym on individual document lines within the document tab as well. Though we can still see the acronym in the document details panel when a document is selected. We've submitted a support ticket as well. Satchell Mische-Richter Quality Bicycle Products

Level 3
We are having the same issues. Don't see the activity of the proof being shared and the acronyms are missing Patricia Howay Flagstar Bancorp, Inc.

Level 10
PLEASE can you report this to Support? They don't believe me that it happened!!! Thanks!

Level 3
I submitted a ticket yesterday and received the following response: Thank you for reaching out in regards to the SOCD boxes. We are aware of this issue and we are working to get this resolved. I've attached you to the issue. Be sure to check on trust.workfront.com for further updates. We will update you once we have this resolved or more information. Angie Forsythe Mercy Health

Level 10
Was there any response to people not being added to the Workflow after sharing? That's the part I've not made any headway on. It only happened once that we are aware of so interesting to note someone else had the same issue. Thanks

Level 5
I'm so glad you asked this, I have a number of tickets open about strange proofing issues. Sometimes we are getting the emails but nothing is showing up on our tasks lists within Workfront, they couldn't find an answer so we ended up closing the ticket. We also have a proof where the originator received a copy of the comments via email but when she went to the proof there is nothing recorded so now we are worried we are losing comments on proofs. Aileen Aileen Taylor Cell Signaling Technology

Level 10
To close this loop, Support's response was that the user didn't use "add recipient" but shared the public link instead which is why those people weren't added to the workflow. I had my user show me how she shares, and she did it correctly using "add recipient." I have drilled into them, and they each have learned the hard way, that any other method of sharing causes problems that eat up hours out of their day (and mine). So there's no resolution, we can't repeat it, and I don't know what exactly happened. They say that the loss of the SOCD on the notifications will be fixed next week. As an added anecdote, I lost a good training method when Proof changed the language from Share/Share to Share/Add Recipient. We used to sing it to each other to remember that's what you have to do. "Share Share!!" It was like birds chirping. Jill Ackerman