Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof HQ Job Role Descriptions / Access

Level 7
Good Morning- we have default set for new users as "Review" but I need to change some of our designers and copywriters "roles" for Proofs. Is there someplace that tells you what role descriptions mean and best case usage for setting them up? Read only - external, no other rights obviously Reviewer - most people in marketing but some should be approving (? we are not currently using PrrofHQ correctly and approve in WF template-LOTS of outstanding proofs never getting resolved - was shown how to batch archive if I can remember) Approver - seems as though we mistakenly had our designers as their own approvers- hence all the unresolved proofs. s/b mktg...mgr..? Reviewer & Approver - s/b mktg....? not designer....? Author - these last 2 I have no idea about...but think "moderator" trumps "author" ? Moderator -these last 2 I have no idea about...but think "moderator" trumps "author" ? *** we have problems with designers/copywriters not being able to work on each others "objects" docs-pdfs-proofs unless we go in and "delegate" ownership...not ideal fix do I fix this in proof hq or in workfront appreciate any insight or direction on where to find answers =) Thank you Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4
So we give our designers a default role of Reviewer, because they are the person that uploaded the file so they don't need to approve it. The Reviewer status will not hold up a deadline if no one bothers to open it. The Reviewer/Approver will hold up the deadline. Also when a job has to be moved to a different designer because the original designer gets sick or goes on vacation, we have to do a twostep process. Step 1, highlight the document or proof and change the new designer's role to Author then we have to do Step 2 which is to give them management authority over that proof only. This is the only way a second version of the proof can be loaded on top of the first proof and be viewed side by side. Never use "Approver" because the person approving always something to say... (cough cough). Sometimes on the very last proof, after we have sent it to the printer and we just want to let the approver know it's gone, we will send it to one of the 15 or so approvers as a "Read Only". Just as a curtesy. Never use Moderator, don't have the need. There is a description on the help area about proofing roles. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004177187-Understanding-Proof-Roles Samantha Senior Specalist, Creative Services 817-424-2186

Level 7
Thank you Samantha ! I will check out the link. Since we are never approving the proofs in proofHQ, (yet) I think I'd rather have designers see all the pending approvals getting backed up (hid by filter) til we can transition. From what you explained mktg would start seeing those approvals and it would be confusing. back to drawing board on this part of process! Teg Tegwyn Stockdale Production Coordinator / PM BayCare Clearwater, Florida Baycare Health System, Inc.