Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Proof Approvals by Home Team

Level 2
Level 2
We're starting our journey on 'reports' and have made great progress but we've hit a small brick wall. We've managed to create an 'Approval' report (my pending team proofs) showing proofs filtered by home team ($$USER.homeTeamID) but we also want to add a 'Thumbnail' column - something we've seen before in a 'Document version' report. This is proving impossible to fathom out and now that we realise that the different report types offer differing options under the filters, am I right to assume that we're not able to add thumbnails to anything other than a 'document' or 'document version' report? Please help - we just need to understand the logic and if there's a way around it to get what we want - or are we simply choosing the wrong report type in the first place? Ross Haines Specsavers
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 8
So the hierarchy goes Document - Document Version - Proof - Proof Approval. (That is, a document may have multiple versions. Each version may or may not have a proof, and each proof (if it exists) may have one or more approvals). The thumbnail is accessible from the Document and Document version objects. A document version report would get you the thumbnail you want, just make sure to include the 'Is current version=true' filter (or else you'll get a line in your report for v1, v2 AND v3 of a document). Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia