Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Projects with >2 Change Type Issues

Level 2
Good Day! This is my first post to the Report Community, so if this question has already been asked elsewhere please forgive me! I checked the forum but could not find the solution I needed. Our marketing department has a business rule where every projects is allowed to have at least two change requests. Change requests past two rounds require special permission, but can be made. We are facilitating change requests by having our PMs create an issue on the project for the asset that needs to be adjusted, and assigning it to the producer that created the project. I don't want to put anything in place that would actually prevent someone from opening a third change request (Although, I would love to know if THAT was possible) but I do want to create a report to identify how often this happens . Does anyone know how to create a report that would only display projects with more than 2 change order issues? Thank you in Advance! Jim Maron UJA Federation of NY
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
There's a field on the project object called "Number of Issues" I think. You might be able to look at projects where this "number" is greater than 2. Can't test right now but thought I'd pass it along.

Level 2
The only field that I can find in the standard report builder is Number of Unresolved Issues. I can't seem to find a count of the number of total issues, or for that matter, the total number that have the Change Type label. My hope would be to create a project report with a filter that only includes projects with two change issues or more. Does anyone have any experience in doing something like that? Does anyone else have a restriction on the number of change requests on projects in their office? Jim Maron UJA Federation of NY

Level 10
Hi Jim, I've been mulling this one over a bit, but (unfortunately) suspect that you're correct: there's no out of the box way to get a count of the total number of Issues on a Project, let alone a count of the total number of a particular type of Issue. Although I'm sure we could address it with our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/ubercalc/">UberCalc and/or "http://store.atappstore.com/product/magic-reports/">Magic Reports solutions, I suspect both are overkill. So, before going to either extent, may I suggest you consider: procedurally adding a convention to increment a custom data field (e.g. Number of Change Requests; 0, 1, 2...) and/or the Project name itself (e.g. with a suffix; Project ABC, Project ABC CR1, Project ABC CR2...), and/or using an Issue report filtered to only "Change Request" Issues, grouped by Project Name, showing a count of such Issues, perhaps stacked in a bar chart Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 2
Ok - After this conversation, many hours of my own trial and error, and a full hour of consulting time later, I agree this is not possible. I am now exploring configuration changes to run this report for our CMO. Our change requests are issues, but perhaps we need to convert them to tasks or something similar. So, a new question, and I may need to post this as a new topic thread but how does everyone else report on excessive project change rounds? Jim Maron UJA Federation of NY