Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Project View - hard to read

Level 2
Does anyone else feel as if the project view is harder to read? The bold style for the task buckets does not carry through the colums. The spacing around the text varies for each task. The bright blue with the white is hard on the eyes. It is a lot harder for us to alter workflows and add additional steps to a project. New look: Old look: Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences
10 Replies

Level 10
thanks for saying this. My users have commented the same thing but not to this detail, and I hadn't been able to compare it to an older view yet, to figure out the details for myself. In particular, one thing they commented on was the indenting of the tasks but I see now that if you're used to children that indent to the same distance as their parent, the new view is extremely disorienting, because it's just more difficult to gauge the spacing and estimate which parent a child has been indented under unless the child and parent are close together. If you had a parent with a great number of children, it would be a more difficult task to have your eye glance at the whole list and locate the parent: your eye would instead have to travel through the lines to find them. Can you say more specifics about about why it's difficult to alter workflows? Is it related to the parent / child relationship, or moving a task (or something else?), or is it specifically tied to adding tasks and if so, can you say more to that? -skye

Level 2

Yes, I have received feedback from my users and they think it is very complicated looking. I have created a new "view" that I created and shared with my users, we had to eliminate a few columns we had on our original projects because it was causing mass confusion here. The task names have been the same since the last version and it now does not evenly space out the tasks, causing the name to be about 3 lines of text. The white spacing above and below the tasks has shrunk which just merges the tasks way to close to one another. The parent tasks are bold in the task name column only, then it goes back to the normal font style as you get further down the columns to the right. When adding tasks it is hard because the new tasks go down to the bottom which the user has to scroll down then drag them back up. The tasks are so close together that it is so hard to get it in the exact right place. This has caused me to have to re-do a lot of workflows because tasks become child tasks when that was not my intention. When a task is dropped within a completed task, you no longer can move that task unless you set every task back to "new". Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences0690z000007ZhezAAC.png

Level 10
Thanks Martina. The descriptions are very specific, which is great--I'm sure these are also my users' issues. One more specific question: Do you know if it works to select a task and then select the dropdown next to the "+ New Task" button so that you can specify to "insert task above" or "insert task below"? It might solve your user issue of the new task falling to the bottom of the list and having to relocate it. -skye

Level 10
Yeah the % Complete column should never ever default to that wide... Jamie Hill JLL

Level 2
Thanks Skye for that information. i actually tried to add a new task that way and I was unable to get my entire "bucket" of tasks. For example for translations we have a bucket then we have the 3 tasks below and indented below. This is more complicated for me to use because when I alter the workflows i usually put a few different buckets of tasks, it could be up to 5 buckets of tasks that go in order. Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences

Level 4
Has anyone started a ticket on this issue? We also are not enjoying some of the updates. Even as Admins, I feel my views are inconsistent from project to project. Sometimes I have to scroll over to the right to even see whether a task is complete or not... Lori Meek

Level 2
I agree, even as an admin there are inconsistencies. As I navigate through workfront it almost looks like a few different interfaces since they no longer match in style. I have not started a ticket for this specifically. I have brought up issues with the updates in the past and have never gotten it resolved. I can try again and hope they can make some changes for the next update. Are you going to start a ticket? Martina Schatzman Labeling Team Lead, Corporate Marketing 609-750-2832 office • 609-750-4297 fax martina.schatzman@integralife.com Integra • 311 Enterprise Drive, Plainsboro, NJ 08536 "http://www.integralife.com/"> www.integralife.com Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain material that is confidential and/or proprietary. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, dissemination, disclosure, distribution or reliance on the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please reply to the sender and delete the message and its contents from your system. Thank you.

Level 5
Here's a community post from WF regarding some feedback they've received and are working on fixing. https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=aea457... Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation

Level 10
Thanks Janelle for the post which has a nice summary. I'm trying to remember if I saw anything on this, but is WF addressing the response time? I know the whole motivation behind the scrolling and browser changes was to improve our response times with calculations and seeing our task lists etc., but I'll be honest I've seen no improvement at all. I still get the lag that we've always had. It's not worse, but it's certainly not better. So we have all pain, no gain in this case. �� Does anyone know if this is on the fix list?

Level 2
Thank you. I agree with all of you comments the tasks are very close together with very little "padding" of white space to separate the tasks. To give more detail about moving tasks. It is hard to select individual tasks with the check box since it is hard to decipher the parent from the children tasks. It feels so compressed. The new scrolling makes it more difficult to make sure all tasks are selected that are not visible until the page is scrolled. I created a new view that I shared with my designers/workers. i had to hide some columns from our original view since it was difficult to read. Some projects we have to drag out the task name column so it does not end up being 3 lines. This was never an issue in the past. Martina Schatzman Integra LifeSciences