Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Project template changes - how does your company keep track of changes and notify teams?

Level 3
I'm looking for advice/ inspiration from all with experience on tracking, documenting and notifying teams on changes to master project templates. We have just gone through our annual template upgrade, rolled out the latest template versions and provided training/ overview documentation. Now that people are using them for their projects we are collecting feedback and making minor changes when relevant people agree to the suggested changes. How do people notify teams? What documentation do you put together, store for reference, etc.? Thank you all in advance, Linden
9 Replies

Level 6
Hi Linden We use a request queue to log all significant changes made to workfront and this in turn provides a monthly report to all our WF core team. We also have a 'View' and a 'Report' that shows the detailed task descriptions we have on every template task. The view is often used by users to see what is required of a task. Hope this helps :)

Level 2
Hi, we use the Announcements area to communicate key changes to processes or templates. We also use this area to announce training sessions. We ensure all users have the email notification switched on for Announcements so for those who don't look at notifications will still have an email. The reason we use the Announcements feature is to keep as many internal comms in WF as possible to promote this as our one-stop tool for marketing. Hope that helps Louise

Level 10
This sound like a wonderful plan. How do you go about filtering all of Workfront's announcements versus internal?

Level 2
Easy! Only the system admins recive the WF announcements. Plus, you can select who you send the announcement to, so it doesn't even have to go to everyone. You can select an individuals, teams or groups.

Level 3
Thank you, Laura. So you log a request and close it out immediately? -Linden

Level 3
Hi Louise, Excellent information, thank you! I’m definitely going to use the announcements feature for immediate notification to relevant teams, then I’ll look at using the queue system Laura suggested as a way for people to recommend the changes and provide reports etc. Thank you, Linden

Level 6
Yes, exactly. It’s only our sys admins that have access to this log so they’ve usually made the change by the time they note it. It’s a great way to keep track of when we changed something and who changed it. We’ve relied on it a couple of times now where we wanted to settle a ‘discussion’ around a template change and should the project owner have known about the new process, if you get my drift ☺ Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D23B28.F8165730]

Level 2
Hi, Also, this is how we manage change requests. We have a Request Queue called Workfront Help and the system admins pick up the requests. That way, we have a log of the changes. Thanks Lou

Level 3
Yes, I do ☺. That’s happened a few times here and I had to dig around through emails or find old meeting notes etc. This is a really good idea! And I can use this as the proper channel for requesting changes as well. Thanks so much!