Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Scoring Methodology

Level 1
ANybody willing to share how they score a project. Our scoring drivers are based on the following: Strategic Alignment Revenue Generation Cost Avoidance Risk Reduction/Compliance Efficiency Justin Palmer Barings
5 Replies

Level 2
Hi Justin, I have playing with different approaches to scoring project requests. I am trying to keep a balance between keeping the scoring "questions", weights and scores. Attached are XLS for 2 approaches and a screen shot of a custom form that prompts for values to questions and then calculates the score. We have not rolled this out yet but thought it might be a helpful starting point. Dave PS I am not a data scientist nor statistician so please no comments about this simplified approach :) Dave Koch

Level 1

I'd love to see this document - can you share with me?

Level 5
@Justin Palmer , are you asking about the Scorecard for calculating alignment? If so I can share our scorecard. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 1
I'm interested if you can share, @Tracy Fox ! Sarah Bockholt CR Operating, LLC.

Level 5
I have attached our scorecard. The questions, answers and weightings were devised in working with our senior leadership team and approved by our Finance Director. This was to ensure the alignment score was indeed a reflection of what the organization deemed important to its strategy. When projects have been approved and several might be competing for resources, alignment score is the first tie-breaker used to determine who gets the resource first. I hope it helps Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation