Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Report Showing Resources Assigned

Level 4
I have a need for a high level report that is able to show all of the active projects in one of our portfolios, and then show the resources assigned to those projects and key milestone dates. It seems that I can get this information through many different reports, but it would be ideal to have this high level information all in one report. An example fro what I have been trying to configure through text mode is the following: Project Name Project Manager Account Manager Designer Writer Milestone Date 1 Milestone Date 2 Milestone Date 3 This would be the magic bullet of reports for my team as we resource user capacity based on how many projects users are on and based on certain milestone dates (such as photo shoots). It would be great to have this information in one report that we can easily export out of Workfront. I'm open to other ideas and solutions as well. Jonathon Engelien Best Buy
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 4
What didn't transfer from my post was the outlines of the table I built. I was trying to create a table for the columns I am hoping for. Jonathon Engelien Best Buy

Level 7
Hi Jonathon, Try this column code for your view to get the user in a project that matches a specific job role: displayname=Art Director listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Art Director",{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name}) valueformat=HTML Replace "Art Director" with any job role you want to list the assigned user for. Thanks to Melinda Layten for this code. Regards, Steve Steven Hirsch The Estee Lauder Companies Inc

Level 5
This lists all the milestone tasks with date. You could change the ISBLANK milestoneID to a CONTAINS milestone ID to only show the date for a specific milestone and change the concat to just a single date or any other key data. displayname=Milestone Tasks listdelimiter=< h > listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({milestoneID}),"",CONCAT({milestone}.{name},"-",{plannedCompletionDate},"-",{progressStatus},"-"{status}," ")) valueformat=HTML And if you are attending Leap, I'll be talking about the object model and using it in API, Fusion and Advanced Reporting on Wednesday. I'll also be convening a Networking Session for Text Mode/Reporting and other Geeks on Monday! Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 2
This was most helpful, I change the list delimiter to
and got a much cleaner look listdelimiter=
Bryan Blake Product Manager Energizer Holdings Dayton Ohio 567-998-7863 bryan.blake@spectrumbrands.com

Level 10
Bryan, if you're not already aware, there are a bunch of examples of ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/">Collections in Views " on the WFPro site, as well as many other goodies, such as the ""https://wf-pro.com/how-to/how-to-add-a-collection-to-a-view/">Collections How To " article. --Narayan

Level 1
Hi Melinda, that is the exact report I need. But I can't get anything to show up in the column when I use this formula. Am I supposed to add a milestone ID? If so where do I find the milestone ID? Is it supposed to be the milestone path ID? Is that last part of the value expression supposed to be blank? Thanks for your help! Melissa Pasquale Engrain

Level 5
Do you have a milestone path assigned to projects on the report. Do you have milestone tasks assigned? Switch the report view to Milestones to validate that milestones are properly setup. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront