Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project pulse checks, major status updates throughout projects...how do you capture?

Level 2

Hello,

I'm interested in how other people capture a more qualitative, narrative aspect of how projects shift (much more than a baseline) over a year or 2. For example, Goals in Business Case are nice, but what about returning to the goals and making updates every 6 months, and tracking that kind of info. Does anyone else do major checkpoints (not milestones) and use a form, task, or somethingh else to collect the project data?

I don't have the fanciest version of WF so maybe this is in a more advanced version?

Thanks!

Sophie

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4

Good Morning,

We are about 6 months in with working in Workfront and have added a few tasks tied to key points within a project that all contain a custom form that ask the project manager 5 open ended questions about the project. If our project is tracking fast there are 2 - 3 weeks between these tasks - but some projects do track out a year or more. We are hoping to start to see how projects are tracking over time, how teams are adjusting the schedules, where projects stall out and pick back up. It is also a trigger at very specific parts of the project to take a deeper look at its health and circle the team and ensure everyone is on the same page.

Good luck!