Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project-level billing rate in task view

Level 2
I am building a task report where I want to report rates based on role but instead of displaying the assigned user's role-based rate, I want to display the project's custom rate for that role. Right now I am only able to surface the user's rate and their role rate. Even better is just showing the effective rate (i.e. if the revenue type is user hourly, show the user's rate, if it is role hourly, show the project's rate for that role (if a project-level role rate has been entered) or the user's role rate (if no project-level rate has been entered). I'm pretty handy with the text view for calculated columns, but I'm coming up empty on this one...
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi: Tell me how you model a custom project specific rate based on roles…that sounds critical to the reporting. Thanks! Eric

Level 2
Thanks for replying, Eric. Project > Billing Rates (tab) > New Billing Rate (button). This is where you can override a billing rate (by role) for a given project. [cid:image003.jpg@01D1CBCA.6D680160] In reports, I can get billing per hour for the job role, and the assigned user, and I can determine if the project has a billing rate override, but I cannot surface the override rate (or surface the “effective” billing rate based on if a project-override-rate is present) [cid:image004.jpg@01D1CBCA.6D680160] Cheers, Brandon

Level 10
Ooooh, I learned something there. Neato. This is the billing, not the cost rate. Thanks, I appreciate it! Eric

Level 2
Hi Brandon, Did you ever solve this? It would be helpful for us right now too, as I'm trying to create a report that would include the object-specific billing rate (in this case, at the task level). John Martins OUC