Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project Fixed Start and End Date

Level 3
Hi all- Just wondering if anyone uses the Project Fixed Start Date and Fixed End Date. I stumbled across them today in the Business Case and can't seem to find any Help articles about them. If you use them, in what way do you use them. Do they impact any timelines on the tasks or impose any restrictions in anyway? I currently have custom fields that capture a fixed start and end date for projects, because sometimes the planned project dates don't cut it for management level planning. If these in-app fields have no greater impact on the schedule, I would prefer to use them and eliminate a custom field. Thanks in advance!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi - I think they are essentially comment fields - you can use them in reporting, compare other dates to it, but as far as I can tell, they have zero impact on the project schedule. The original idea for the business case (as I was told) was that you can use the business case as part of portfolio management to define the basic parameters of a project before building out a task plan. The sequence of events for a project would be: Request Management process - Convert request to a project - Build and consider the business case - if the case makes sense, build the detailed task plan. They are reporting fields as far as I can tell. Thanks, Eric