Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Project document folders: are yours there?

Level 10
Does anyone use folders in their Project Documents tab? If so, can you check to see if they are there? Mine are missing, and I only have the one project so I'm trying to find other occurrences before I go to the helpdesk. :( -skye
5 Replies

Level 7
We use Project document folders - actually we have the folders set up at the template level, which then gets carried over to the Projects when they are created. I spot checked a few Projects and both the Folders and the documents within them still there. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 10
thanks Terry! I cleared my cache and everything is normal now. :D -skye

Level 1
In this vein, I frequently work with projects that have a high volume of documents (1,500-2,500) as I am in the publishing industry. Have others noticed the scrolling issue when your browser (I use Google Chrome) stops letting you scroll through a selection of documents and will only go to the extreme up or down of the folder (whichever direction strikes its fancy that day). I have switched browsers to Firefox and Chrome, but the problem still pops up. It is not predictable, and it is frustrating. Has anyone encountered this, found a solution, or entered a ticket for this? It is a semi-frequent frustration on my team to randomly have to switch over to other browsers when the documents area begins to freak out. Emma Hendren Pivot Point International

Level 9
Hey @Terry Hynd - can you provide some more information on your document folders on templates? We're looking to formalize a better process so looking to see what others are using for best practices. Right now we seem to be split on the two options: Folder for Revisions, only the final document remains in the main folder Folder for Finals - only the documents that received final approval are listed in this folder.

Level 7
Hi Christina, we mainly used Template Document Folders to store the following types of items in relation to a particular Project Type for easy reference by the Project Owner or anyone on the Project: Format Guidelines/Templates Internal Best Practice Guidelines Examples/Boilerplates Content Forms Specifications However, over the past few months, we have transitioned many of the word documents, Excel files or PDFs that we used to keep in these Template Document Folders to "Quick Links" instead under the Template Description. The links take an individual to dynamic file(s) instead. The document/file owner just needs to update in one place, and it is automatically reflected in the links on the Templates. This saved me time as a system administrator receiving and uploading revised documents for the Template folders and for the document owner to remember to send me updated files and the Templates that they needed to go on - reducing the occurrence of having potentially outdated reference documents on the projects. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services