Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project and Document Notes

Level 7
Is there a way to get all of the notes on documents in a project as well as the notes in the project itself? We sometimes have conversations going on in the project as well as on documents in the project. I'd like to report on all of those at the same time.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Do you mean Proof comments and Updates pertaining to the documents? A note report should do it. It shows all the proof comments and comments for the document as well as all the comments in the main updates area.

Level 7
I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but we run a report that shows all Notes on a project (Project, Task, Issue, and Document Level). The filter is where Note Text is not blank. We display the Object Type so we know what object the note was placed on, and we show the object name. Here is the text mode for that column: column.4.displayname=Issue, Task, or Document Name column.4.linkedname=opTask column.4.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.4.namekeyargkey.0=opTask column.4.namekeyargkey.1=name column.4.querysort=opTask:name column.4.sharecol=true column.4.sortOrder=2 column.4.sortType=desc column.4.textmode=true column.4.valuefield=opTask:name column.4.valueformat=HTML column.4.width=120 column.5.displayname= column.5.linkedname=task column.5.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.5.namekeyargkey.0=task column.5.namekeyargkey.1=name column.5.querysort=task:name column.5.sharecol=true column.5.textmode=true column.5.valuefield=task:name column.5.valueformat=HTML column.5.width=0 column.6.displayname= column.6.linkedname=document column.6.namekey=view.relatedcolumn column.6.namekeyargkey.0=document column.6.namekeyargkey.1=name column.6.querysort=document:name column.6.textmode=true column.6.valuefield=document:name column.6.valueformat=HTML

Level 5
Hi Greg, Sorry to comment on an old post, but this was exactly what I was looking for to improve my Project Notes Report! Any suggestions on how to also add the name of the person who made the note/update to the report? Thanks!! Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 5
Nevermind - must have been a brain lapse on my end. After posting I realized Note OwnerID (changing it to Owner:name) got the data I needed. Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation