Expand my Community achievements bar.

Priority is picked from template than from issue

Level 10
A few weeks back, I've analyzed that our projects and requests priorities were unaligned. After looking for the whys, I find this is because after a request is made and when conversion to a project happens, we would usually pick from a template and the template defaults to a Normal priority (cannot seem to blank priority on the template). Anybody who can clue me in on a fix or workaround for this?
5 Replies

Level 5
You should be able to update the template priority to None. Trick here is that you can only do that in the EDIT TEMPLATE screen, not in the Edit Template Details.

Level 10
The issue is that when the request is converted to the project using the template, it will not pick up the priority selected from the request but rather in the template. In this case you've provided, the priority will be set to None by default. We'd like the priority from the request to flow to the project upon conversion.

Level 10
Hi Polly. If such a Status retention(from Issue to converted project) is supported (although I suspect not), I expect Workfront would require exactly the same Status codes at both the Issue and Project level. May I suggest you confirm that and (re)try it? Regards, Doug

Level 10
Hi Doug, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by status codes. On both Project and Issue, the Priorities are listed with the same "importance" levels. 2 - for Normal, 4 - for Other. When I exported the issues and projects, the setPriority flags come up as either 2 and 4. I'm assuming these are what you are referring to? If not, could you tell me more how to get the codes?

Level 10
Sorry, Polly: yes, I misspoke, and said "Status" when I meant to say "Priority". Same concept though. Regards, Doug P.S. so, my inability to remember a keyword as I flip from a thread to make a post reminds me of The Goldfish joke. Normal Goldfish: "dum dee dum dee dum...Hey Look! A Castle!...dum dee dum dee dum Hey Look! A Castle!..." Gifted Goldfish: " dum dee dum dee dum...Hey Look! A Castle...dum dee dum dee dum awwwmann-Hey Look! A Castle!..."