Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Printing the Gant chart on a Report

Level 6
Is there any way to print or allow someone to view (who's external to Workfront) the gant chart view that you can overlay on a projects report?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Hi: 1) You can embed a link to a WorkFront report in a SharePoint site - you have to run the report with the rights of someone with a license; 2) You can give that external person a Business license to WorkFront and then as long as the report is shared with them, they can click the link and see the Gantt chart; 3) You can give that external person a Business license to WorkFront and have the report automatically distributed to them; There may be more - we do all three (above). Eric

Level 6
This all assumes they have a username and password, correct? We don't want to give anyone outside that ability, especially if we're sharing a report with say a 3rd party. Laura :) -----End Original Message----- This message from Bakkavor Group Ltd and/or any of affiliated business (collectively, Bakkavor Group) is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete the message. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author. Bakkavor Group may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails for security and regulatory purposes. "Bakkavor" is a trading name of the Bakkavor Group. Bakkavor Group Limited is registered in England No. 06215286 with its registered office at Fitzroy Place, 5th Floor, 8 Mortimer Street, London, W1T 3JJ.

Level 10
Wellllllll, no, it doesn't mean that. We create user accounts that no one could log into - I create bogus Federation information for and so they can never log in. The email address is correct. That userID has nothing shared with them in the system. We schedule the report for those people and they automatically receive the report in email. They can click links, but they can't log in. All they can do is look at the report that was emailed to them. We use that for sending things to third parties. You would do well to create an ID for the external recipients of the report using a license type of "External". That is a very restricted kind of license. Then, they are available in the list of people who can receive a report. Does that help at all? We do this a lot, mostly to send timesheet data to our contracting agencies, for their people. They get the reports, they can't get into our system. Eric

Level 8
So I just tried creating a public version of a Gannt Chart report. The problem is, the public view doesn't show the gannt chart, it only shows the details tab (and the View dropdown is missing). https://ciscocomm.attask-ondemand.com/report/public/view?publicToken=x6u1T7zd_sS9Ms5LP9831LOQ7tQ1ymZIA-Y9HEhAt298yDu3nZxvA_Jt8hVpKQiBHI4VpZdNwdw0KZw1sfGa5MNyPN2cNbGq&endcap To get this sharing option, go to Report Actions -> Sharing and select the cogwheel in the upper right, then select "Make this Public..."

Level 6
Oh! Yes. That works. We've recently discovered adding dummy users. Could we also apply this technique so external users could submit a request and complete a custom request form? Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 12 May 2016, at 16:56, Lucas, Eric wrote: Wellllllll, no, it doesn’t mean that. We create user accounts that no one could log into - I create bogus Federation information for and so they can never log in. The email address is correct. That userID has nothing shared with them in the system. We schedule the report for those people and they automatically receive the report in email. They can click links, but they can’t log in. All they can do is look at the report that was emailed to them. We use that for sending things to third parties. You would do well to create an ID for the external recipients of the report using a license type of “External”. That is a very restricted kind of license. Then, they are available in the list of people who can receive a report. Does that help at all? We do this a lot, mostly to send timesheet data to our contracting agencies, for their people. They get the reports, they can’t get into our system. Eric

Level 10
I haven't tried to create users with license type External and then have them submit requests to a queue. I'm not sure if that would work. You might have to create a license type of Review and then fudge the federation information to keep them from logging in. They would have to send an email to the appropriate email address that is polled by your request queue. Sorry, haven't tried that, but I think it would work... Eric

Level 6
Ok. Will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks again Eric. You're a great resource! Sent from Laura's iPhone 6 On 12 May 2016, at 17:10, Lucas, Eric wrote: I haven’t tried to create users with license type External and then have them submit requests to a queue. I’m not sure if that would work. You might have to create a license type of Review and then fudge the federation information to keep them from logging in. They would have to send an email to the appropriate email address that is polled by your request queue. Sorry, haven’t tried that, but I think it would work… Eric