Expand my Community achievements bar.

Preventing Duplicate Operations and Emails in Workfront

Level 3

Hi WF Community, How can we avoid performing the same operation twice and prevent sending duplicate emails to the user in our Workfront scenario?

A_EN_1-1728453665781.png

A_EN_0-1728453635651.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there,

there are number of ways to do this. But my first observation is that your scenario simply generates 2 bundles of data and this is not a flaw in itself.

1. Think of additional filtering on trigger module to only process e.g. latest result

2. setup a filter somewhere later in the scenario once you have enough data to evaluate if you want to process all bundles

3. build a data store for all resulting data and only process the latest data from it on set cadence

Depending on goals and capabilities this will be smaller or larger effort

Good luck

Level 3

Hi @Rafal_Bainie thank you for the response, How do we setup a data store and process the latest data on set cadence?

Level 3

Not so sure with the filtering since this is my first 2 modules here and there is no filter setup in between them. You can also see that the second module generates 2 bundles, and I think that is the start of the double bundle process. 

A_EN_0-1728456477148.pngA_EN_1-1728456511055.png

A_EN_2-1728456531699.png

Level 2

Hi @A_EN 
Can you share what you see in the operations bubble on the first module? 

A Watch field may receive multiple bundles (but on that module it would show as one operation)

Level 3

Hi @Sven-iX , thank you for your response, here's my 1st module. This is actually my trigger functioning as watch field for status change. 

A_EN_0-1728464426778.png

Level 2

Hi @A_EN - sorry: you sent the module definition. 
I meant the little white bubble with a 1 in it It will show what the input to the first module was. 

As for the data store - in Fusion, you'll want a module to save the incoming row - add a DataStore Module, define the structure. Then you'd move the rest of the scenario to a new scenario where you'd start by pulling up the data store records, determining which to process, process them, then remove the records.