Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Pre-populated text field in custom forms?

Level 7
This doesn't seem possible but I'm wondering if others have tried to do this or want something like this: I have some text fields that I want default text entered in. Users could leave as is, delete the text or add to the text when they encounter it in the custom form. I use this sort of functionality in a PDF form and I'd like to recreate it here. Perhaps it's a feature request I need to make? Leah Janz Metro Transit
4 Replies

Level 7
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but if you create projects from templates, you can create a project custom form, and add a Text Field to that project custom form. Attach that project custom form to the applicable template. Fill in the Text Field with whatever default text you want. When an individual creates a project using that template, that pre-filled default text in the text field will carry over to the project, from which they can then add to, modify, etc. if they want. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 7
Hmm, that is close to what I am thinking. But I need the pre-populated text field to appear in an issue/request form that will be converted into a project with a template that would use the same text field. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Level 7
It looks like that won't work for an issue/request custom form. I just tried it out using a test issue custom form and added it to one of my request queues, and there does not seem to be the ability to pre-fill a field on the custom form at the start. Hopefully, someone else on the Community may have another suggestion or possible workaround for you. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 3

I'm curious as to whether anyone has managed to make this work - pre-fill a paragraph text field within a Request form that helps guide the user to provide information needed. Any movement?

It's ironic, because that's exactly what happens when you submit an idea to Adobe here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/workfront-ideas