Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Posting Updates (notes) via the API and tagging a user so that they receive a notification

Level 10
Hi all, I am using Azuqua to build a level of integration from ServiceNow to Workfront. So far, I have been able to create projects, attach templates, fill out custom fields etc. What I am now trying to do is to post an Update to the project and ideally tag a user. I’ve got 2 issues: The noteObjCode field won’t accept null values, even though that is what the system appears to store when posting an update to a project. When posting to a task, it stores TASK, but this is not what I want to do. I have tried PRJ and PROJECT and it doesn’t like either. The API explorer does list what the valid codes are unfortunately! I'm not sure if/how to tag a user on the Note so that they receive a notification. Would apprecaite any advice from those who are familiar with the API. Thanks Regards, David.
1 Reply

Level 10

Hi all,

For this who may want to do this in the future, Derek from Azuqua provided the solution:

noteObjCode should be 'PROJ' (I was 1 letter off!)

To post an update to a user, their ID goes in the 'tags' field.

This should be the same via the regular Workfront API, but to see how this looks in Azuqua, please see the attached.

Regards, David0690z000007ZkLqAAK.png