Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Portfolio Naming - Best Practices

Level 8
We are restructuring our Workfront system and splitting out different business divisions into their own Company instead of having everyone fall under one company and separated by groups. For those that have multiple companies in our system, do you have any best practices for identifying which portfolios belong to which company? This will be more for the System Admins than for the standard user. Each business unit will have their own System Admin maintaining their silo'd section of Workfront, and some have expressed concern about the confusion of seeing everyone else's portfolios instead of just theirs. I understand there is nothing we can do about Admins seeing everything, so I'm looking for suggestions from others who have encountered this situation. Thanks, Wendy Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Wendy. For your reorg, I suggest you prefix your portfolios by company to keep them organized. Prefixes on Programs, Groups, Teams, and even Projects might be helpful, too. Regards, Doug

Level 8
What Doug said. For example, our Employee Comms group has portfolios and job roles prefixed by EC. We prefix reports too. Adina Pierce Cisco