Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Portfolio and Program Values as Required Fields

Level 2
Hi Everyone, We have a custom integration we are rolling-out shortly with an outside vendor that assigns a unique project number to a project based on which program and portfolio the project is assigned to. The problem is, we are noticing a lot of PMs frequently forget to select these values when starting a new project. I have created a report that gets emailed weekly that lists out all of the current projects missing one (or both) of those values so that the PMs can then go back and fix. The problem however, is that in order for our custom solution to work correctly, these values need to be added at time of project creation opposed to being added after the project is "current". I couldn't figure out a way to make these fields required, though. Has anyone had the same or similar issues, or any ideas for a solution that might work? I was toying with the idea of making these fields required on the intake form (as nothing more than an obvious reminder to the PM to include this info when creating the project), but the problem with that is, most requesters have no idea (or care, honestly) what a portfolio/program is, nevermind what the value would be if they did know... Thanks in advance! Tara Tara Jacobus Verisk Corporate Marketing
1 Reply

Level 1

Hello,

I have this same issue but only want to make program required and only for my team.  The original post was from 2018.  Has anything changed since then to make this possible?