Expand my Community achievements bar.

PMP Credits

Level 6
Hi, Does anyone know if any of the Workfront Ascent classes qualify for Professional Development Units (PDUs) for the Project Management Professional certification? Thanks! Mollie Mollie Shatek JLL
7 Replies

Level 10
I thought I saw something about that, but now I can't find it. Either way the Project Manager courses should be eligible for one of the Categories: B - Continuing Education C – Self-directed Learning Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 3
PMI has Workfront and many of the courses listed for PDUs registration within the CCRS section of their website. Login to your pmi.org site. Got to MyPMI penel. Select register PDUs in the menu. Eventually, you will see the list of categories. Under Course or Training, you will see the Workfront courses after entering the Workfront, Inc in the provider field. The current course list then appears for selection on this record. Hope this helps. Doug Williams

Level 6
Thanks so much! Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 4
I do and recommend the same steps for finding Workfront PDU credits via the PMI.org site. There are also some sessions as LEAP that are PDU eligible if you look. Jaclyn Reiter PMP, SA Equifax, Inc.

Level 3
Many of the classes on Ascent qualify for PDU credits. There's a document called "Overview: The New Workfront Training Experience" on "training.workfront.com">training.workfront.com > Support Articles that shows which classes qualify. I've attached it to this message, too. The Training team is in the process of converting our old PDU offerings into new ones because of Ascent; that should be complete sometime later this year. In the meantime, this document shows which Ascent courses are equal to the existing activity code offerings on pmi.org. There are 12+ Training courses being offered at Leap that are PDU eligible. Those are marked in the session guide that is available at "workfront.com/leap">workfront.com/leap . We'll share the activity codes at the end of each session at Leap, plus have a handout at the Training team booth in the Experience Zone. If you have any questions, please let me know and I'd be happy to help. I'm in charge of both the Leap schedule for the Training team and the PDU offerings. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Team Lead

Level 2
Hi, Just came across this discussion. Has anyone logged PDUs for Workfront Training recently? Looking at the provided attachment. The credits are as follows: The individual courses make sense to me. As far as the programs go, I have completed the Project Manager Program and the Administrator Program via Workfront Ascent but they do have overlapping courses within them. In this case, what would I log with PMI as my PDU claim? Just 3 and 3 (6 total) for one or the other? Or would I claim all 12? Thanks! Keegan Walker

Level 10
I didn't think the Sys Admin class would qualify for PMP credits, but it obviously has a PMI Activity Code. So I would give it a shot and let PMI tell you different. I can see the argument both ways about it being useful for a PM. It's not technically a project management class, but knowing the Sys Admin stuff and doing it every day definitely helps you in the PM arena. And again, it has a PMI activity code so they must be sanctioning it in some way. The worst that can happen is they tell you it doesn't qualify.