Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Place object in two places in a custom form

Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I'm modifying a custom form with dependencies. 

I want the same custom object to appear twice in the form, in two separate sections. However WF keeps adding "copy" to the 2nd field name. I need the objects to be the same as they flow into the same column in the report I've built out. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Dianne

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hallo Dianne,

as Kiersten described, having the exact same field twice in one custom form is not possible.

But perhaps there is another solution, depending on what you really want.

If, for example you would be able to add exactly the same drop down field twice into a custom form, what would you expect to happen? If the user makes a choice in the first appearing field, should it automatically switch on the second field?

If you want a combination of two fields in your report, you could use to unique fields and combine them in your report column using something like

valueexpression=CONCAT({DE:first field},{DE:second field})

Another approach could be using a calculated field, which "references" the first one, but at the moment I am not sure, if this would work "on the fly", as I did not test it.

So, some more background information can be useful.

Regards

Lars

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

Custom fields can be used again on another custom form but they are not able to be used more than once within the same form. 

Unfortunately, you would need to create an additional field for the next section in your form.

We have had to do this for many of our forms and we add a unique identifier to them. For example:

Promo Details 1

Promo Details 2

Promo Details 3

or

DSW Project Number

CG Project Number

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hallo Dianne,

as Kiersten described, having the exact same field twice in one custom form is not possible.

But perhaps there is another solution, depending on what you really want.

If, for example you would be able to add exactly the same drop down field twice into a custom form, what would you expect to happen? If the user makes a choice in the first appearing field, should it automatically switch on the second field?

If you want a combination of two fields in your report, you could use to unique fields and combine them in your report column using something like

valueexpression=CONCAT({DE:first field},{DE:second field})

Another approach could be using a calculated field, which "references" the first one, but at the moment I am not sure, if this would work "on the fly", as I did not test it.

So, some more background information can be useful.

Regards

Lars

Level 1

Thank you both, I appreciate the quick replies! 

I will go ahead and create another form for my purposes. 

Regards,

Dianne