Expand my Community achievements bar.

Organizing Reports

Level 8
I'm having trouble moving reports from the All Reports section into a report folder that I created. According to the Workfront Help site, it should be as simple as dragging and dropping the reporting into the appropriate folder which I tried doing but wasn't able to. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a fix or know if I'm doing something wrong?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

29 Replies

Level 3
Lucas Eric, just having a general "google-like" where used would be fantastic! Just pointing a google appliance at the database would suffice. Early on as the sole implementer of a patient registation/clinical documentation system, the vendor provided a "where used' utility that I used extensively to find all the places I needed to make changes. Without it, I may have enjoyed more hourly fees browsing all the components, but I would have ultimately failed in my implementation.

Level 2
Robert, it depends on what is required. For example we have a dashboard for our PMO that has all their core reports (so we have a core reports section) then a section for the SOP board reports, etc. We have about four sections for the PMO Report Dashboard. Then we have another one for our IS project team, as they again use the Core reports, but have some reports that deal with the admin of the site. Although it helps our users to just see the reports that they need to run ( we don't allow them to create their own reports any more), in the background there are still a lot of reports in the list but it means that our users don't see that huge list.

Level 3
Hi Sue. Thanks for describing your dashboard arrangements and giving me some ideas. We are not ready to disable report creation for the masses (though I am starting to troubleshoot some data usage misunderstandings). Inside your PMO dashboard, do you label the section for core report, as "Core Reports", for SOP board reports, as the "SOP Board Reports"? If so, how? I don't see that option when I create a dashboard, other than the dashboard description.

Level 2
Hi Robert, I understand your question now. The section is named after the report,so the dashboard is made up of four reports, one called Core Reports that has a filter for the reports it needs to pull through and the second one called SOP report that again has a filter for those reports. Does that make sense?

Level 3
OK. See if I get what you're saying Sue. You are describing a report of reports, yes? If so, can that type of report reveal what dashboard(s) a report appears on? If not, please elaborate more on how to label sections of a Dashboard. Thanks!

Level 4
Hi Lucas, When you say, "you could only organize reports you own into folders," do you mean the reports that you are the "Entered By" name? I have nearly 100 reports that I personally created, but I cannot move any of them to a folder that I created. When I select and drag a report (or set of reports), I will either get a text drag option or I will get a "circle with a line through it" as my cursor. Is anyone else having this issue? Note: I am the system admin.

Level 7
Eric C., The link shows a quick video of moving a report. At first, it shows you cannot move a "built-in" report, but then shows moving a created report into a folder, and then out of the folder. "https://www.screencast.com/t/b861iU2oOB" https://www.screencast.com/t/b861iU2oOB

Level 4
Thanks Greg, that is helpful. I was pulling them from "All Reports" instead of "My Reports." One more question- do I have to move them one-at-a-time? The drag feature does not seem to be working when I have multiple reports selected.

Level 7
Right, I do not know how to move more than one at a time.