Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notifications

Level 1
Hey Guys, I'm a new WF user. I'm a designer that is submitting proof often. I want to be notified if someone has changes on a proof but right now I get an email for EVERY comment written on a proof. I've unclicked so matting notifications but I still get them. Does anyone know which one I have to uncheck so I'm not notified of every comment on a proof! Laura Roberts Crawford & Company
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi To change notifications, it's a setting within each proof. You can change each user's settings on the Details tab when you have the document highlighted in the Documents section.

Level 10
Hi - As Jill stated, the Proof notifications come from the route themselves. After using Proof for awhile now, our proof owners tend to like the Decisions notification, if there are stages, and the Final Decision if there is just the one. This gives them a single notification and then they can easily click into the proof to see what the comments are and what actually needs to be changed. Other users on the proof tend to have their notifications set to disabled unless it is a hot job, then they will do Hourly Summary. (SIDE NOTE: They don't use the "Replies to My Comments" notification in Proof since they get that already in Workfront with their notification in the interface. Unfortunately, that does not take them directly to the proof, but it was too annoying to get emails from both systems. And they can't turn off the one in Workfront, because they need that for replies to task and projects statuses.) Hope that was helpful, Anthony Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 1
So what about when someone comments within the actual proof. For instance I get an email for every mark up they make on a proof within the proofing system. Laura Roberts Crawford & Company

Community Advisor
If you're getting every comment, it sounds like your email alerts within the Proof Details are set to "all activity." You can reset those alerts to hourly or daily summary, or just decisions. An administrator should also be able to set your default within ProofHQ so whoever creates the proof doesn't have to change your email notification settings on every proof. However, comments that are not on a private stage of a proof are transferred to the document's updates tab in Workfront, so depending on what your Workfront notifications are set to you could still be getting notifications from those. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
Laura Those notifications are coming from within the proof's Email Alerts. You need to look at the settings on the Details tab/Workflow to see the settings. You have it change it to "Replies to my comments" or "All Activity" and you want to change it to "Decisions" or some other option.