Expand my Community achievements bar.

Notifications to requesters/reviewers when documents are uploaded on project

Level 2
I tried searching the community for this before adding a new post but couldn't find anything exactly addressing this so if I happened to overlook, please feel free to send me a link to that discussion. I am trying to find a solution to make sure requesters/reviewers are being notified when a document is uploaded to a project that spun off from their request/issue. Example, I am the system admin and sole project manager for my team aka I am the "project owner" on just about everything. I have a calculated field on one of my custom forms that carries over the original requester info. Images below with examples. We are having an issue where a designer will upload final files and closing out the project but the original requester never got notified that the files were ready until they follow up with me via email asking when they can expect to see their files. How is everyone working around this without having the designer make an update and tagging the requester that files are ready? I am hoping there's an automated workaround that someone has found (plzzzzz!) Aya Elsoukkary, Creative Operations Floor & Decor
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3
Hi Aya If i am reading the issue correct we had a similar issue when the creative team completed on the task (though sign off was done in Proof) As the creative task completed the project also completed. as we had set auto close on completion. This meant the Marketer didnt now the new asset was complete and sat on WF unless they had been tagged by the designer in an update. To overcome this we added a final task in the project that had the design task as a predecessor so that task was triggered on completion of the design task, though the requester would have to be a worker. However you could use the doc approval process to do a similar thing by adding it to the design task, so when the task is completed, if you set it up to your requester, they would get an approval request triggered. Ian Reddy Director of Business Operations UNiDAYS Nottingham, London, Sydney, New York

Level 8
I don't believe there is an automatic notification for when a document is uploaded to a project spun up from my request. To automate this, you have a number of options. Give the requester access to the project that is spun up, and they can have a notification when a document is added to a project they are on. Not everyone likes given requesters full access to the project If you turn that notification on, all the team members etc who don't want to get spammed when a document is added need to opt out As Ian suggested, set an approval path on the task the document is added to. When the team member closes the task, the requester gets asked to confirm it's complete with a link to the task. This would need the requester to be referenced in the approval path - perhaps as the project sponsor? Similar to above, set an approval task on the project getting closed. Probably a lessor option - still needs the requester to be referenced in the approval path, and if you have multiple documents at different times there may be considerable delay between the first and last document. Build a custom report for the Requesters, showing any document uploads in projects they requested. Either filter it to not include closed projects, or time stamp it (say a month or two weeks) so it shows at first but then drops off. Or build a custom document form with an 'acknowledge' checkbox that you include in the report. If they click the checkbox, it will attach the form to the document and the document will drop off the report As Ian suggested, have a proof / document approval flow Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia