Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Notification/Events Feature: Weekly Reminder for Project Owners

Level 10
Season Greetings! Anyone use the Notifications/Event reminders feature to reminder project owners to make weekly or biweekly updates (within Project Update area)? Change management is in the works; however, a little boost would help. I'm not seeing that capability within Notifications/Event area within Setup. Did I miss something? Thank you. Susan
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 8
Dear Susan, I'm open to being corrected, but I've never understood the notifications to be recurring. They are once-off type events (with some escalation options I guess). So you could modify your template to have a task each week to submit a report, and set up a task level notification. However, to be honest, I would think the PM's that aren't submitting regularly now would just ignore it. I used Workfront in an environment where Senior Management would do a project review 11:00 every Tuesday. They got an automatic status report summary e-mailed from Workfront at 10:00. I put a second schedule on the report to go to PM's Monday at Midday. "This is how [management team name] will see your project. If this isn't accurate, fix it now." I guess it also depends on how you're doing status reports. If it's through a custom field, you can generate a filtered issue report with a colour coded 'entry date' field - green if it's within a week, amber if it's between 1 and 2 weeks and red if it's 2 weeks+ (early or late - you can't submit a status report a month early!). Having that prominent for all PM's could help. Barry Buchanan Work Management Australia