Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New to Using WF and Agile

Level 2
We are trying to configure WF with Agile teams to use for our IT community. We have about 130 current applications and have set up a request queue for bug fixes and enhancement requests to these apps. The issues route to "Landing projects" for each app (one project per app) and we will be building iterations off these issues coming in for the agile team. We believe this is a good approach but welcome thoughts. My question is around the configuration of these "landing app projects" - what is best practice for Schedule from? Planned completion date, etc. settings? (we expect these projects to remain "Current" for many years to come) Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome on our approach! Thanks, Teri Teri Chisholm Harvard Alumni Affairs and Development
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Teri, We have a similar setup, but we have our Landing Projects in the scenario as Team Projects (as opposed to Application projects). The reason is we have many many applications and about 7 Agile teams. One team will support several related applications (i.e. an ERP Team, and HCM Team, and of course a Workfront Support Team �� ). This keeps the number of those projects down and you don't have to create a new one for each new App. To address the Apps we have an Application field in the custom form of the requests that lists every App. Then they can select the App the ticket is for and we can report on Apps later if we wish (i.e. to see which Apps have the most tickets, etc.). But for the landing project I recommend (under Edit Project): Schedule From Start (Planned Completion Date field will change to Planned Start date) Settings (see attached) You probably don't need or want a Milestone Path (not sure why mine has one �� ) Completion Mode - to Manual (so your project doesn't automatically set to Complete when all the requests and tasks are completed) Summary Completion Mode - to Automatic so your Summary tasks DO close when the subtasks are closed Update Type – I like Automatic & Change Schedule – you'll want to use whatever Schedule you set up (i.e. if you have a 24 hour on call team, you might create and use a schedule with all those times open) Resource Leveling – I'd put manual. If you're using Agile, you shouldn't be in this project plan too often, you'll be using your Agile view. So this project is really just a holding place. Resource Pools – if you're going to use Capacity Planning you might fill this out. If you're not there yet, you can probably leave it blank. Access – I would use the settings in the attachment. But it depends on how you want to give access to people that get assigned to Tasks and Issues. This automatically grants permissions when they're assigned. I think those are the basics.

Employee
Hi Teri and Vic! Love hearing that you're working on using Workfront with Agile teams. I thought I'd just jump in here and let you know (if you didn't already!) that we have a fairly new group on here specifically dedicated to discussing using Workfront with Agile. "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home?CommunityKey=1319c65f-70cf-4148-9c26-fad3f4cbc27e">Check it out here. The people in this group are all interested in talking about this exact topic! Thanks for being part of the Workfront community! Kyna Baker Workfront