Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New Support system issues

Level 10
Hi, I've reported the following issues to support regarding the new Support system which we have been moved to since the Experience migration last weekend. Curious what other issues others have found: Date format is stuck in USA format. We need it in UK/Australia format. It should adapt based on browser language, like Workfront does. You can only sort by the ticket opened date. Last Updated would be much more useful. You can't set a priority on tickets currently. I'm pretty sure this option was there a couple of days ago, and it was definitely there on the old Zendesk system. No colour labels for different ticket statuses (yellow for awaiting feedback, blue for open, etc). On the plus side, I like how when you're viewing a 'case' in the new system, it sorts by most recent update at the top and you can also see the orginal ticket description at the top right. Regards, David Cornwell
33 Replies

Level 7
Have you found a way to view all of your companies cases? I seem to be only seeing the cases I have submitted. Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Community Advisor
Are you seeing all of your previously submitted tickets? I'm only seeing a couple recent ones that have had replies since the change over. Wondering if that's a global issue or just me. I do go back to previous tickets occasionally to remember what the resolution was when someone comes to me with the same issue.

Level 10
I think I'm seeing all of my cases (there's a dropdown where you can select for your open / shut cases, and your company's open / shut cases), but I think it only goes back to last October. Either that or I'm not seeing anything that anyone else might have submitted (I only showed up last October). -skye

Level 7
Not seeing any of my old tickets, only new ones. I agree with all the issues posted here and hope there are fixes in play. Thanks, S Steven Hirsch The Estee Lauder Companies Inc

Community Advisor
Doh! I missed the dropdown. I can see my closed cases there, dating back to Feb 2018. But also not seeing my company's open/closed cases. There are the same number of cases whether I look at just mine or my company's. And I know others have submitted tickets in that time frame.

Level 10
bummer. OK, I guess I'm probably missing my company's closed cases as well then. -skye

Level 5
Hi! Is anyone else wishing the new "Home" landing page for Workfront Experience was called something else (or even had a different color icon)? When I have multiple browser windows open, I can't tell my Home apart form help home. Upvote if you agree: >https://experience.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSx1AAG/detail Jennifer Ching Robert Half International Inc.

Level 10
I received an update re the lack of a 'Priority' field on the incidents....apparently the new helpdesk system doesn't have this field(!) and they'll look into whether they can get it added. Wow.....how did that get missed? David Cornwell

Level 10
David: that's hilarious. I just assumed that they didn't want me flagging everything as urgent. Right now I'm putting that kind of thing in the description. ;) -skye

Level 9
Besides these issues which should have been caught in QA ;-) Does anyone feel the navigation with-in the ticket is very poor? Trying to see and work with previous entries (same ticket) seems overly cumbersome and not friendly in 2019. I get much of it might be muscle memory - but I think some of it is UX related. I typically get new software and adapt pretty quick. Maybe it's just me :-) John Seitz ESPN John.W.Seitz@disney.com

Level 10
While I'm at it, a couple more things which I think could be improved: In the old system we could click a check-box to indicate that we want to close a ticket. Now you have to post a message and ask them to close it. Workfront Support seem to be replying to some tickets via email. This causes the whole email thread to be posted in the update, which makes the user experience very poor. A sequence of replies means these emails are duplicated many times and makes it hard to read. @John Seitz - this might be part of your concern. David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi @Dustin Martin - as our ever-helpful representative from Workfront would you be able to help look into the various issues listed on this thread? I haven't seen any improvements to the new help system yet and haven't heard any updates. My top annoyances are: No priority field. How am I meant to get urgent issues higher up the list other than calling? (not a good use of my time or Workfront's) USA date format on the list of cases No "last updated date". We need to be able to see this field and sort by it so we can see what has been worked on most recently (and vice versa) All previous email replies are populating the ticket update text every time Workfront staff reply to the ticket via email. We should only see their latest update. Nice-to-haves: Colour-coding of ticket statuses. Ability to self-close tickets. David Cornwell

Employee
Hi David, Thanks for bringing this up again and sorry we missed it! I'll make sure to pass these along to our teams and see what we can do. Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 7
Hi David, As Kyna posted above, we have sent feedback to the appropriate teams. Many of the items you folks have listed, we have raised internally. As a fun one that I recent submitted as an idea for it is to show the CC field when creating a new case. For anyone that states that they cannot see their old tickets, or appear to be missing tickets, I ask that you call into our support team. More than likely your 'contact' file was duplicated during the migration from our old ticket system to the new one. I spent about an hour and a half fixing one of my clients that has 5 instances because of this. I don't believe anyone has found a way to automate this due to the amount of contacts, so it's unfortunately a manual process. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 8
There also is no save feature. So if you update any of the fields you have the ability to (description, environment, product area, etc.) there's no way to save the updates and you can't tell if it autosaved or not. Mohini Sinha, CSM Project Coordinator Excelsior College

Level 10
Yes, missing the Priority as well! Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
I too, find the new UX not intuitve or as clean as the old one. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 10
Thanks Dustin!! We definitely miss the inability to cc someone on the ticket, we used that all the time as we cover off for each other. Also miss priority and ability to mark a ticket as 'solved'. I don't like the new UX at all but can live with/get used to it. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 3
Another observation I've made, when submitting a case you are no longer able to drag & drop documents or videos. Jessica Rodriguez Verizon | Print Production System Administrator

Level 5
Agree, the interface isn't intuitive. I also find the page layouts disorienting- difficult to focus. Perhaps I just need to get used to it... Janelle Hicks Lifespan Corporation