Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

New Scheduling screen in Preview Sandbox - feedback for Workfront Product Management

Level 10
Hi - thought I would post this on the community forum so that others can add more feedback into this key area of the system which is being redeveloped. Firstly - whilst I've made a lot of requests below, overall it looks like great progress has already been made and if it can be built on a bit further, it will be a fantastic tool for us. After using the Swap button to unassign users from a project, you need to refresh the browser to see the unassigned tasks. This means that you first have to re-apply the filter to get back to where you were… A mini-refresh button (like on other workfron reports) would save time. The screen only lets you zoom out to see 3 weeks on one screen - can it be increased further to let you see a couple of months ahead? The date picker is nice, as it lets you jump forward and backward in time quickly. However, it would be helpful to have a 'Today' button next to it so that you can quickly get back. Project statuses - the documentation says it is meant to show projects in Planning, Current and Approved (or equivalent) statuses. In the Project Status filter, I can't see one of our custom statuses (called Staffing) which equates to Planning. In roadmap screenshots, you could see a task's colour shading to indicate the utilisation % for that day. I can't see it in the new scheduling screen yet. Is this still coming? And - will this view of utilisation also be provided on the Teams->Working On screen in the future? In the existing Teams->Working On screen, you can collapse the view of all peoples' tasks at once. In the new Scheduling screen, you have to do it one by one. Can this be added? It would be handy to also be able to collapse down just the sections per role instead of all people. In the existing Staffing->Team Builder screen you can have it match people based on Role AND Availability. The new Scheduling screen matches based on Role but not on Avaiability (as far as I can tell). This is a very important feature to make it easier for resource managers to avoid over-allocating people. We would like to be able to filter by custom attributes (e.g. a user’s language or location, or by the type of Task). We have some revenue items stored as Tasks which we do not want to appear in this screen as unassigned tasks. It would be good if you could group unassigned tasks by role (rather than just filtering by role). Likewise, it would be good if you could group unassigned tasks by Project. When you click on the arrow to expand out a task, it would be very helpful to be able to see the name of its parent task (as you can in other areas of Workfront). This helps give context to the resource managers of what they are resourcing. What determines the row that the tasks sit in? Tasks sit nicely in a line on the default view (assuming their dates don't overlap), but when you zoom out or move the screen horizontally, they expand out to use multiple rows. I understand why they would be in a different row if dates are overlapping, but it still does this even if not. It would reduce vertical real estate usage if tasks all fit on one row where possible. Lastly (phew!) there are a couple of places in the documentation where it talks about how tasks are assigned or displayed based on a user's "Primary Job Role". Fortunately the way it is working at the moment is that it works based on secondary job roles, and this is exactly how we need it! So - well done to Workfront on the good progress to-date. I would appreciate if we can get some feedback from Product Management on the above and also from other customers so that the tool ends up providing a benefit for all. Cheers, David
0 Replies