Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New "Launch" User Group and Volunteer Opportunity (perks included!)

Level 9
Hey everyone, I feel like I haven't been as active in the Community these last few weeks as I've been deep in the weeds trying to plan and execute my first round of User Groups. I'm excited to announce an upcoming (in the next few weeks) Community User Group called "New Launch Group" for companies who are new to Workfront. This User Group will be filled with resources, documents, templates, tips and tricks to help users with implementation and adoption during the launch process. (Finally a place for beginners!) We're looking for a few of you in the Community to act as Launch Mentors in the new group. Before we outline exactly what the Mentor opportunity would entail, we'd love to gauge your interest in volunteering, and in what capacity you'd be interested in helping... just FYI, we're planning to reward Mentors with some incredibly valuable prizes. >>> If you want to be a mentor, take this survey here . (It's 2 questions.) <<< If you have ideas on how to make this Launch Group amazing, please leave them in the comments! What materials would be helpful? What kind of help would be of most value from a mentor? What support/information do you wish you would have had when you launched? -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:
14 Replies

Level 10
Hi Nate, Sounds like a great initiative. Something that would have been invaluable would have been a template for a Change Management Plan. e.g. Sample introductory presentation to sell the Workfront 'why' to users and management, recommended communications for email/intranet, feedback / info-gathering sessions. Regards, David

Level 9
Great input, David. Thank you. I might come back to pick your brain a little more on this. In Reply to David Cornwell:
Hi Nate, Sounds like a great initiative. Something that would have been invaluable would have been a template for a Change Management Plan. e.g. Sample introductory presentation to sell the Workfront 'why' to users and management, recommended communications for email/intranet, feedback / info-gathering sessions. Regards, David
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 5
As a new user/SysAdmin since January, this would have been a great resource to start with! I am naturally a learn on the go, ask the questions, google the answers (within WF) so my learning curve has been steep, but invaluable so far.

Level 3
Nate - I would be interested in helping with this. Some of the items I would suggest are suggested training for users, helpful reports, guidance on how to make Workfront important to the user community, etc. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 4
I'm pretty new to Workfront myself but I am interested in helping out if I can. This sounds like a great opportunity to learn as well as help.

Level 9
Holy smokes! So many awesome volunteers! I'm going to send out invites to do this over the next few weeks. I have a feeling this group is going to grow quickly once it's launched in the next few days. If you haven't heard from me yet, you will soon! If you are reading this message and you still want to participate, take the survey in the main portion of this post and/or comment below. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
Has this started up yet? We're 9 months into our contract and still aren't operational beyond basic task tracking. Everything else is some abandoned mess that we were almost able to get going until we hit an insurmountable obstacle with the system.

Level 3
Marc - I don't think it is up yet. I am happy to chat through some of your issues to see if there are some workarounds. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Marketing Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports Accelerate to Excellence

Level 8
Hi Marc, If you go to the User Groups, you should see the Launch Groups under the Special Interests category.

Level 9
Here's a link , Marc. Come say hi and ask for help! That's what we're here for. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 8
If it's not too late to sign up, I'd be interested in helping. Thanks, Wendy

Level 10
Hi Marc - feel free to share some info on your issues here or in the Launch Group. There's a lot of people with some great and varied perspectives who can help.

Level 2
Same. We officially launched in January. I feel like you get set up pretty fast but implementation is tough. Understanding that you don't need to use every single bit of WorkFront right away is key. I would encourage new users to grab the low hanging fruit first...all of it. GISELA DELGADO EQUINOX | DIRECTOR , CREATIVE OPERATIONS