Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New Calendar Sync

Community Advisor
Has anyone tried the Outlook calendar sync on the beta Home since the release? My "scheduled events" and "free" hours look really wonky. I have my calendar settings set to 8am-4pm, so 40 hours/week. This week shows I have 2.75 free hours, yet the calendar itself shows I have 3hrs free just this morning and another 3hrs this afternoon. I wondered if it was taking into account the hours I already have on my timesheet for this week, but the math still doesn't work out with the free time I have available today. And next week shows I have a total of 41.5 hours scheduled, yet I'm free 2:30-4:00 every day next week, plus other random free times throughout the week. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 4
Glad I'm not the only one having issues. Sort of. Mine shows that I 0 hours of work from Workfront tasks, and then after Syncing my calendar, I have nearly 300 hours of work. The overlapping meetings that I have don't actually overlap, but get pushed out. For example, the two meetings that I have from 1:30-2:30 are now two separate meetings; the first from 1:30-2:30 and then the second from 2:30-3:30. Thankfully, my true calendar is intact, but I can't sort out how to make things sync properly in our Workfront environment. Is there an Ascent training? Thank you, Lila Whitney Discover Financial Services

Level 1
Our team is having the same issue. I have been asking some of our team members to sync with Outlook and some of them are at almost 1500 hours. I am hoping that they come up with some training on this, we can not figure out the issue. I booked consulting time and we also exhausted troubleshooting. Look forward to some help if anyone has it. Thanks! Jillian Tattan Northeastern University

Level 2
Is there a way a project manager can see how meetings impact team members' capacity and hours after they sync the calendar. This would be useful to me. I'd like to know how this works before I ask everyone to sync their calendars. Rae S

Community Advisor
I have a ticket in for this (1154244). Last I heard was " Our Development Team has reviewed this issue and are currently working on a fix to resolve this matter. " Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 3
I just started using this today to understand the accuracy of pulling in data from the Outlook sync. The issue appears to be with recurring meetings and "all day" events. Additional settings should be made available to include/exclude "out of office" events or other categories of meetings that you use natively in Outlook. It's the only way the hours sync is going to align. If anyone has any contacts for the development team on this one, I'd appreciate the connection. This is a feature I've been waiting to test hoping some of the early bugs would be worked out. Thanks, Connie Sutherland, CPPM BSC

Level 2
Thank you for all the feedback on this issues. This is an issue that we are aware of and working on a solution for. Chandler Smoot Product Manager Workfront

Level 2
Any update on this? (to be honest this shouldn't have been released with level of defect) Scott Goddard Consortium

Level 7
Hello everyone, I would ask that you create a support ticket so we can add it to the defect we have with our development team right now. That way you will get notified by our support team when the fix for this issue is released. At the moment, our QA team has verified the problem, and our developers are working on a fix. I do not have an ETA for when the fix will be released, so I would go back to asking you to submit a support ticket and ask for them to link it to the defect our developers are working on. Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront