Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

New Calendar on My Work tab

Level 1
I loved the old calendar, and the function of it was much better. It was much easier to see the full list of tasks for the upcoming week, sorted by day. Is there any way to go back? Or if not, is there a way to simply hide the new one? The new one distracts from the over all point of the calendar. I need to know specifically what I have due this week, and if tasks have 3 month durations, they shouldn't show at the top of the Working On calendar, in my opinion. Anyone have any suggestions?
30 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mike, As one of the people who passionately dislike the existing My Work calendar, that's disappointing to hear (but thank you for highlighting that here!). We have had to tell users to completely ignore the calendar due to it being based on commit dates. We have been telling users to hold on and that the new calendar was coming very soon in R1. There is currently no good personal calendar for users. Reporting->Calendars is too slow and also has the flaw of showing Actual dates (once they exist) instead of Planned dates. The only existing option for users is go and look at the Teams - Working On screen which is not as convenient for regular users who should normally live in My Work..... Needless to say, if the new My Work calendar is not going to be delivered, I hope Workfront deliver the new My Work screen asap and provide a good calendar option which is based on Planned dates. I wasn't able to attend LEAP so if you have any other info you can share on the new plans, it would be good to see. I'll happily provide my feedback of course! Regards, David

Level 3
Yay! I'm super excited to see what the new My Work will evolve to, I loved the preview that was shown at LEAP. I also met with some pretty awesome people that had some great reporting solutions for a dashboard report that would definitely be more useful than the current "My work" task list. Looking forward to the new thread, please post a link here once it is up and running. Connie

Level 7
Like it or don’t like it, my problem here is that you didn’t communicate this early enough. One of the reasons you moved to a 3 per year release schedule was to help us keep our users informed about upcoming changes. The My Work calendar change was one of the most impactful and obvious changes for the bulk of our work users from this whole release. It therefore had a prominent place in our release communication which we sent to our users on April 24 (supposedly only one day out from the original release date). It defeats the purpose if we can’t send out a release communication until after the release is already made live… I would recommend in future that if you are going to make drastic changes to the release plan that close to the release date, you make sure your customers know beforehand.

Level 1
Hi Barbara, I'm sorry that this didn't get communicated early enough and through the proper channels. I will talk with my team and make sure that we are notifying the right people when decisions like this come up so we can make sure the right communication takes place at the right time.

Level 4

0690z000007ZibwAAC.pngI'd like to be included with testing and feedback on this page.

Level 1
Definitely! I will post here next week with some initial questions to help us iterate on the first direction we have been exploring.

Level 8
I'm looking forward to providing feedback!

Level 10
This is extremely disappointing. We are very upset about this. When was this decision made and how come it was never communicated? (We did notice that it disappeared in our production environment but it is still in our preview environment so we assumed it was staying). We have been exhaustively training our users and have been pushing the new calendar (as per below we’ve been telling them that it is still beta testing but that we were making them all Early Access users). To let you know, by the way, they were very excited about because the current calendar is not helpful to them at all as it gives misinformation. We, like many others, do NOT use Commit Dates. My concerns: I now need to go back to all of our users and say they have to use the calendar they hate I have to tell resource managers that they cannot use the resource contouring tool because I’m not having them spend hours contouring hours when the worker will never see how those hours are spread. That is waste of everyone’s time We have a few offices that want to use Workfront but the contouring was a deal breaker. We told them that this functionality will be available but, again, I’m not going to have them get on the tool and spend time manipulating hours when the copywriter they are manipulating will never see how those hours are distributed so doesn’t know what specifically they should be working on. I know from Leap you guys are working on a totally new My Work, but this is really disappointing for us as these were things we were looking forward to. Do we have any idea on timing for the new My Work (meaning is it R3 of this year or will it be next year)?

Level 10
Just read all of this thread. The old calendar is useless to us as well. The new calendar was much better for us. I think the perfect solution is to all the users (or system administrator) to customize what is and what is not shown on their calendar - thus everyone can be happy. Showing actual dates is pointless. I don't want to restate all that was said in this thread. I have the new calendar preview as I am apart of the EA community. Yes, i will be willing to do early testing.

Level 10
Hi Mike, Given the much-demanded need for a useable planned-dates calendar, and that such a calendar was available and then pulled from the update at the last minute, I respectfully request that Workfront does something exceptional to help us out in the interim until the new My Work screen is released. If it is really not possible to enable the new calendar on the My Work screen (even as an non-default option for users/admins to configure) how about Workfront makes this calendar available as a special report type? We could then at least put it on a dashboard and place it on a reporting tab for our users. Then it would at only be 1 click for them to get from their My Work screen to a useable calendar. I really feel that in the way this has been handled by Workfront and with a gulf of lacking calendar functionality for users, there should now be some kind of exceptional action by Workfront (before R2) to assist their customers who have already been waiting so long for this. Regards, David