Expand my Community achievements bar.

Nested/Grouped AND/OR Filters

Level 10
Is there a way to get a filter on a report such as: ( customField_1 = someValue OR customField_1 = someOtherValue ) AND customField_2 = yetAnotherValue Or in English: Filter by "the users has chosen one of two specific values from a longer value list AND they've chosen one specific value in another field." I watched the Advanced Reporting videos a couple weeks ago, and remember the multi-AND (1 and 2 and 3) type, but don't recall them covering mixing ANDs and ORs in the same filter. Kevin Quosig
1 Reply

Level 4
Kevin, My first thought was that you could organize your logic as follows. ( customField_1 = Value1 AND customField_2 = Value2 ) OR (customField_1 = Value3 AND customField_2 = Value2 ) But then I realized that you are using the same Field for your OR relationship. In this case it would be better to add both values under the same field. By default, Workfront will apply the in modifier, even though it says 'equal'. In Standard Mode: In Text Mode (Note: The values are separated by hitting TAB): ownerID=[aSpecificUser] $$USER.ID ownerID_Mod= in priority=3 priority_Mod=in Many Thanks and Happy Trails, Erich Giltinan Navy Federal Credit Union