Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need Help Extracting Entire List of Projects from Workfront API

Level 2

I'm currently working on extracting project details from Workfront using the API. I've tried using the endpoint https://*.my.workfront.com/attask/api/v15.0/proj/search, but it seems to only return completed projects. I need to retrieve the entire list of projects from the Project Dashboard in Workfront.

Could someone please provide me with the correct API endpoint or method to achieve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

We use Fusion and use a combination of 3 modules:

1. Count the number of projects using a proj/count call with no filters on it
  2. Repeater between 0 and min(10000;ceil(count/2000))
  3. Search a page using proj/search call with $$FIRST=i*2000 and $$LIMIT=2000 and entryDate_1_Sort=asc and ID_2_Sort=asc and fields=*,parameterValues:*

Note that Workfront's pagination support suffers from the known offset/limit problem when simultaneous modification occurs, so you do have to be aware of this potential behavior.  (I filed an enhancement ticket in the forums here to request a more proper cursor-based pagination mechanism.)

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

We use Fusion and use a combination of 3 modules:

1. Count the number of projects using a proj/count call with no filters on it
  2. Repeater between 0 and min(10000;ceil(count/2000))
  3. Search a page using proj/search call with $$FIRST=i*2000 and $$LIMIT=2000 and entryDate_1_Sort=asc and ID_2_Sort=asc and fields=*,parameterValues:*

Note that Workfront's pagination support suffers from the known offset/limit problem when simultaneous modification occurs, so you do have to be aware of this potential behavior.  (I filed an enhancement ticket in the forums here to request a more proper cursor-based pagination mechanism.)

Hope this helps!

Level 2

Thanks, @cverges-medallia, this helps me to extract the entire list of projects through Workfront API.