Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Multiple users assigned to a task - will both get notifications

Level 10
I added another user to a task. I noticed that the task now has an owner. Both are assigned to the task. Will both be notified of changes to that task or will only the owner get notified? When I run a report - I only see the "owner" listed on the assigned to field. When I click and open the task - then I can see both assignments. This new change is throwing me off - confusing me. Why isn't both names showing on my report? they both are assigned. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
I belieeeeeeeve (like 96.3% sure) that they will both get the notification. Hopefully someone has something more concrete. But yes the reports when you're using the Assigned To field will only show the Owner. But if you use the Assignments field, it'll show all assignments (including any Team assigned). Though I believe you can't filter on that field.

Level 10
Vic, Okay. thank you. I guess I need to trigger an event to see if they both get it. I could not see them on any report - that is both names. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
Yeah if you create a Task or Issue Report and Edit the Report to add the Task (or Issue) > Assignments field to the View, you'll see both names.

Level 3
I have found this WF Help article really useful when trying to understand who gets which notifications - hope it helps! Configuring Email Notifications Workfront remove preview Jodi Biscevic GM Financial - International Operations