Expand my Community achievements bar.

Moving multiple fields at one time - Custom Form

Level 10
Moving multiple fields at one time - Custom Form. Is there a way to highlight and move multiple fields around in a custom form that I've building? Moving 1 field at a time is tedious.
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Benetta, Yes, the drag and drop aspect of the custom form builder is "one field at a time". For my (oil and gas) clients, who have 2000+ custom parameters behind each project, like you, I found the process tedious and time consuming. So, we created our Update Category solution, which lets you: generate the "definition" of an existing custom form into an Excel Format using our Update Category Generator manipulate that definition in Excel, including adding, deleting, and reordering fields, changing formulas, and so forth upload the changes using Update Category As long as the same fields are present, all the existing data is preserved; and in the interest of protecting your data, it also warns you if any fields are about to be dropped. In addition to saving an enormous amount of time, should you choose to save the Excel Files, it has the added side effect of "archiving" the variations made to a custom form over time. Regards, Doug

Level 10
I don’t know any way to move multiple fields. Embrace the tedium! ☺ It’s the only way. Eric

Level 10
Eric, I was hoping for a feature enhancement from Workfront vs embracing this. (smile).

Level 10
Doug, Thanks for the solution. I will play with this from the app store - which I did not know existed. Is this app store 3rd party or part of Workfront?

Level 10
My pleasure, Benetta -- I hope you find our Update Category solution (and others) to be useful. For background, AtAppStore has been an independent partner of Workfront since 2009, and (in consultation with Workfront’s executives and employees), have leveraged our familiarity with the APIs to bring innovative AtApps to the Workfront community. Every client of ours is first a Workfront client. Regards, Doug