Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Month over Month Expense Report

Level 9
Hey Workfront Community! Is it possible to build a side by side expense report in which you can get multiple years side by side (see mock up below). If so, can someone help me with the report/chart selections. Thanks in advance, Sara SARA ROTHKOPF Marriott International
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Sara, To get the side by side Year/Month chart you seek... When grouping the dates on your report, I suggest you try grouping by Month of Year (e.g. "January") vs by Month ("January 2017"), and then secondarily, group by the Project Year, which you can add as a text or calculated parameter on the Projects. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 9
Doug, Thank you so much! That worked! Sara SARA ROTHKOPF Marriott International

Level 7
In looking for help with a report that I am trying to configure, I came across this thread. The above information is great and gets me halfway there for what I am looking to do but am stumped on one aspect on my report. Would you have any insight as to how to have a report show year over year by fiscal year , instead of by calendar year? I am looking to do some fiscal year over year reporting with regard to projects. Right now on the report I have been trying to build (using information provided above), it is showing Year groupings on the chart of Year 2016, Year 2017 and Year 2018. For my purposes, although a project may have been completed in calendar year 2016, it may be considered a fiscal year 2017 project, so I want it to show/be counted under fiscal year 2017 on the chart, so fiscal year to fiscal year can be compared. Hopefully this makes sense. I have a sneaky suspicion that this may involve some calculated expression that I would have to apply somewhere and any help with that would be greatly appreciated as well. Currently, I run the reports in Workfront to get the information for each fiscal year, export the information out to Excel, format/configure the information to get the year over year, then create chart(s) - all of which takes a pretty fair amount of time to do. If I can get this to work in Workfront, I would get some days back! Thanks so much in advance for any help. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services