Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Master Projects

Level 7
Hello Again, I have seen some discussions on here reference a "master project", yet I cannot find any tutorials or training around the functionality. Is anyone able to steer me toward some job aides or online training around master projects and how they work (how to create, how to manage, how they are reported on)? Thanks! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Brandon, There are no native Master Projects (or Sub Projects, depending your point of view) within Workfront, but over the years, several widely adopted techniques have emerged (some Project based, others Program based, etc.) I thought I'd seen an official webinar or LEAP presentation on the topic, but don't seem to have any reference to one, so I might be mistaken. My colleague @Tyler Bushman at Workfront did put together a very informative ad-hoc presentation, but I hesitate to share it as I'm not certain he intended it for wider use. As a fallback, if no one can direct you to an official version, perhaps you could ask Tyler permission to it, or ideally, a "cleansed" version. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 6
@Brandon Pritchard Great topic, thanks for bringing this up. We also have a need for Master/Child projects. We've come up with a specific template/custom form/reporting approach, but I'd be very interested to see the WF presentation from Tyler that @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore referenced if possible. If that's not available, I'm happy to share the approach we have taken in case it's of value to your use case. Catherine Hayes The Channel Company

Level 5
Catheryn, We have a need for this as well, could you possible share here or offfline- the work arounds you developed? tks Karen Karen Rutz Harvard: Alumni Affairs & Development

Level 10
Please make sure to upvote the idea if you already havent. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115003990633-Parent-Child-Projects">PARENT/CHILD PROJECTS We have a need to create parent projects that would live between the Program level and the current project level. While I understand that the work could be completed in one project using parent/child tasks we have many departments that would prefer to have their projects tracked separately. There would be many child projects which would roll up to many parent projects and into ONE program. Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect

Level 3
Hi Catherine, Our team is currently exploring the need for a linkage between Master/Child projects. Is it possible to share your custom template/form/reporting approach? Erika Garrett Gulfstream Aerospace