Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Making a Project Report that groups by Individual's Assignments

Level 7
Currently we have a Project Report that groups by Project Owner Name and lists the projects they "own", but we'd really like it to show every project that each individual on our creative team is assigned to, not owns. We don't want to show the individual tasks they are assigned to...just that they are assigned to that project. Is this possible? How can I do it? Leah Janz Metro Transit
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Leah, Do you guys use planned hours? I found when I show people (who ask for this type of report) the resource grid, they really like it. It shows by person, and they can see at a project level first what they are on. And then if someone is over-allocated or on a project they don't think they should be on, they can open it up and see the task or issue they are on. (But please note: it doesn't reflect the contouring in the Team Working On Calendar or the Scheduling tool. We did have one group that was sad about that). The other option is to do a project report with a prompt utilizing the Project User filters. But that doesn't do groupings so you have to either do one person at a time (Project Users >> ID equals Sally Sampleperson) or you can use the Project Users >> Home Team ID (or Home Group ID, depending on how your instance is configured) but then add a column showing the project users so they can see which ones are on the project. Hope that is helpful. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 7
We do have planned hours in our template/scheduling. How can I see this resource grid? I'm not sure it will show what I want, but I curious. I'm attempting the prompts right now, but also not sure I can get what I want. Essentially what I am looking for is the "Projects I am on" as a report for each user shown in one report. I don't want individual tasks to appear. I just want to show which projects each person is assigned to. If that can't be done, I'm trying to see if we can run a report that lists all current projects and have a column that shows all people who have been assigned to that project. Again, I don't want to see individual tasks. Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 3
Hi Leah, I used to work on a CS team as the traffic manager & here was my workaround for finding the projects the designers were assigned: I created a custom form with only 1 dropdown field for Designer Name w/each designer as a choice When I was opening the project, I would scroll down to Custom Forms > Add Forms & add the Designer form I had made (I didn't add the designer name field to the request form, because I didn't want my project managers thinking they were choosing which designer would work on their project) Then, select the designer you're going to assign to those design tasks & save. Now the "Designer Name" is a custom, reportable field, so you can create a project report & have designer name as a column Hope this helps, let me know if you want to touch base about this offline and I'll pass along my contact info. I would send you a screenshot, but I'm at a new company now. Still happy to talk through the solution with you. Winfield Dean Intercontinental Hotels Group PLC

Level 7
That's an interesting solution. A little extra work. We'll have to consider this option. It would be nice if it were automatic based on assignments. Thanks! Leah Janz Metro Transit

Level 10
Hi - To create a resource grid, you will make a User Report. Apply the filters for the users you'd like (i.e. Team IDs equal [Team Name] or Role ID equals [Role Name]). You will then go into the Report Settings you will select that you want it to be a resource grid. (Please note: Resource grids only show projects in Current so if you want other statuses included, you will need to use the User Utilization Report in People and Legacy Resource Planning) And just to clarify, with the prompts, you will not get groupings but individal users. It isn't possible as it is a many-to-one ratio and a project is only listed once in a project report. If you take the single user approach (Project Users ID), it shows you the projects for that one person. If you take the multiple approach (Project Users Team or Group), you will want to add the column Project Users to the report as well. If you only want to see people from a specifc team or role, we can also do in text mode a collection with an IF statement. Example I Did For A Team displayname=FCB Health UX Team listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({user}.{homeTeamID}="5419d5a60014fdd2317825d709fc4b52",IF({user}.{isActive}="true",CONCAT({user}.{name}," | "))) valueformat=HTML Anthony Imgrund FCB