Expand my Community achievements bar.

Make Workfront Full Screen (in Chrome)

Level 9
Workfront's fixed width at 1400px drives me nuts. I have 2560px of horizontal screen space. If I could use that full width it might mean being able to add 4 to 5 more columns into a task view, or use the gantt chart while actually seeing all the important columns. For anyone else annoyed by this, here is a quick solution. Step 1: Get the stylebot plugin for chrome. Step 2: Click into Options -> styles -> "Add a new style..." Step 3: For the pattern use yoursubdomain.attask-ondemand.com (you can use /projects or other at the end if you only want to go full screen in a certain area). Then enter the CSS below into the style area: .page-content-width { max-width: 99%; } .table-list { width: 100%; } .table-list-head { width: 100%; } .listWrapper { width: 100%; } .listToolbar { width: 99%; } Now refresh and you should be in full screen mode. See attachment for example.
33 Replies

Level 9
You are right. I am actually on vacation today and about to head out of the house. I will take a look tomorrow.

Level 4
“NomiNATE”, getttit? ☺

Community Advisor

Hi Craig. On the lighter side...here's one of my client's reactions (attached).

Regards,

Doug0690z000007ZkXSAA0.png

Level 7
Interesting, I can only get the original CSS code you posted to work. The other CSS code posted doesn't bring the screen all the way to the left for me.

Level 9
For anyone having problems with reports in full screen, I would recommend changing the associated style URL to " *attask-ondemand.com/project, *attask-ondemand.com/people, * attask-ondemand.com/, *attask-ondemand.com/portfolio, *attask-ondemand.com/program " This will only put projects, lists of projects, programs, people, and portfolios If you wanted My Work in full screen you could add *attask-ondemand.com/myWork to that list. Since reporting seems to have so many problems it might just be best to keep it out of the list for now. I'm super busy right now and I haven't had time to really look at debugging that area. Next time I'm stuck on a plane I will mess with it.

Level 10
Hi - just giving this thread a bump to see if Workfront Product Management have any feedback on when the Workfront web UI will be made responsive so that it automatically uses the full screen width. Craig's workaround does a pretty good job but the majority of our users don't have it and still are living with the standard narrow centred screen, including reports that sometimes go off the right of the screen. Workfront are innovative in many ways but the UI still looks a bit archaic with the lack of responsiveness at this point. It appears to be a fairly simple fix, given how Craig's extension workaround works? Regards, David

Level 10
Just got around to trying this and it makes a HUGE difference. Thanks!

Level 1
I just stumbled across this, and followed the instructions - worked great, Thank You

Level 3
Just found this. THANK YOU!!!!

Community Advisor
Totally agree, John. Nate, given its popularity, I think this hidden gem deserves a little extra promotion. May I suggest you give it a slide among the sliding banners on the welcome page (e.g. Tip-of-the-month slot)? Regards, Doug

Level 10
Nate - I'm keen to hear an update from Workfront on if/when they will be doing this. I know there is focus on adding new features, but judging from the very positive response I get from users when I setup the Stylebot workaround, if Workfront enable full-screen it should be a home-run and greatly improve user experience for thousands of users. If you haven't already, please vote for this idea on the Idea Exchange: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001902608-Make-Workfront-Full-Screen-?page...

Level 9
David, Great idea. I'll pass it along. And Doug, I'll turn this into a blog post and see if we can give it some nice promotion. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 10
Just saw that system-wide widescreen is coming in 18.1! Woohoo! "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003927233#system-wide-widescreen-display">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003927233#system-wide-widescreen-display David Cornwell