Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Logged vs Available Hours Report

Level 2
Hi everyone, I'm looking to build a utilization report that shows all employees and their logged vs total available hours per week, similar to the utilization view in the resource planner (broken down by person, not by project, and overall available hours for the week). [screenshot inserted for reference] However, I need the difference and percentage columns to reflect the difference between actual and available hours, not planned and available. I should also say that although I would love to make my life easier, we do not have 3rd party dollars available for purchasing of external add-ons, unfortunately, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out within Workfront itself! It could very well be something obvious I am missing! TIA! Alex Afriyie Questline, Inc.
3 Replies

Level 4
We just went through the implementation process and we were told that we weren't able to pull available hours data into reports nor calculate based on it. Erica Baitler Precision Effect Inc.

Level 7
Hi Alex, With 2019.3, we are re-introducing the Budgeted Hours report type. You may want to play around with it in Preview to see if you can get it to fit your needs. Note: I haven't played with it much myself, so I don't know all what is being added, was just a thought. Good luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
I suspect the issue with the Budgeted Hours report is that @Alex Afriyie needs to see available hours in the report. I know Alex doesn't want a 3rd party solution, but this is going to be necessary unless Workfront make Available Hours available (or allow users to more heavily customise the Resource Planner view). We have gone down the route of using Power BI to calculate users' availability and then report on it alongside planned/actual hours data. This wasn't a small endeavour but we are using it more and more and getting a lot of value out of it. David Cornwell