Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Locking a custom field when issue or task is closed/complete

Level 4

Is there a way to lock a custom form so that the form cannot be edited after the issue (or object) it is attached to is closed? I need a way to make sure the data isn't changed after the issue or task is completed. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 4

Great question, we are also trying to find a way for locking a custom form - in our case even before closure of the project

Employee

Hi guys,

I just took a look and I don't see a way to do this today. The only way to prevent users from editing a custom form today is to remove that user's manage or contribute access to the object.

I believe these ideas relate to what you're looking for here.

Retain original request information

Custom Form/Field Sharing Restrictions

Go and send them a few votes and we'll see if @Jeremy Flores‚ thinks that they could be consolidated at all.

Kyna

Employee

@Brandy Johnson‚ @Manuel Bause‚ @Kevin Quosig‚ - I have to ask; why wouldn’t the user just un-share the form with anyone else besides themselves?

Level 4

I'm not looking to lock the custom form itself. I'm looking to lock the data collected in the form. The situation I have is that I have a custom form that is attached to a request queue. The form collects data related to the request being made. I am looking for a way to lock the data in the form so that the requestor or any other user cannot update or change the data collected in the form once the work item has been closed or approved without going through the approval process gain. Unsharing or removing the form itself from the overall object doesn't address this particular situation. I am looking to lock the data collected in a form attached to a closed task or issue so that the data inside the form cannot be changed once the work has been completed. Im running into situations where a request is made. It is then routed an approved, but the original user can go in an alter the data in the form after is has been approved even if the issue has been closed. I need a way to control data changes and if something changes it needs to go thru the approval process again. Im finding that the data in custom forms can be updated at any time.

Level 4

@Jeremy Flores‚: we store important information for the project execution in custom forms, e.g. a cost center. The team collects the input which is then quality checked by our assistant. Afterwards, the team should be able to still see the information without changing it to avoid corrupted data.

Level 10

• Because other users, like workers on a task, need to see some of it?

• Because it's an extra step to do all those share removals, every time, on each project?

Level 4

We need people to be able to view the data, but restrict changes to the data if it has gone thru an approval process or the task/issue is closed.

Employee

Great feedback. Thank you all for providing additional color commentary. Including my colleague as well for visibility and consideration. @Gevorg Kazaryan‚