Expand my Community achievements bar.

Locked Proofs

Level 8
Hi! We are using a 3 stage automated workflow for our routing process in Proof. Stage 1 - Reviewers provide feedback and approvals Stage 2 - Traffic reviews comments Stage 3 - Creative team actions feedback and makes edits Stage 1 is set to lock after the proof deadline ends, as we do not want to leave the flood gates open for additional feedback once the deadline has passed. We are running into scenarios where the creative team is replying back on the proof comment to ask questions/clarification about the feedback to the reviewer. However, since the reviewer cannot leave an answer back in proof since the proof has locked, it is starting to cause conversation in email and we really need to have the feedback captured historically in the tool. Does anyone have a recommendation or workaround? I was thinking about using the updates feed. We just launched for Workfront in our organization so this all very new to us and are open to ideas. Thanks! -Kiersten Kiersten Kollins DSW Inc.
3 Replies

Level 10
I think the best way is to have the owner of the proof (or the project) be responsible for locking it when all the comments are done and in.

Level 10
In our process we don't have Creatives working directly with clients/reviewers in this circumstance, so it looks more like this: Project Manager uses PDF from creatives to start a proof routing Reviewers make comments (creatives do not participate in proof routings) Project Manager looks at comments PM creates work order for additional creative work or otherwise relays changes to creatives If creatives have questions, they ask the PM (not the reviewers) I will assume that off-process there may be offline emails between creatives (especially Creative Leads) and the reviewers to expedite clarity, however the PM is always kept in the loop and has final decision/approval authority so creatives will not do changes without a PM's go-ahead. PMs also mediate between reviewer comments that might conflict. Kevin Quosig

Level 8
I agree with Jill. We do the same here. The proof remains open for comments and feedback until our PMs or AMs decide we have all of the necessary insight to move forward with the edits. At that point we lock the proof and make the changes that were agreed upon. Once the edits are complete we load the next version and continue this process until we have a final version ready for distribution. Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com