Expand my Community achievements bar.

Let's talk about an APAC User Group

Level 9
Hey everyone, Let's talk about an APAC User Group. Sounds like there are a few of you that are interested right now. Currently, my resources are stretched pretty thin, but I have a few ideas of how to help get something started. The format of a User Group typically revolves around a meal (lunch or happy hour), a few customer presentations that last 10-20 minutes, and time to connect with other users to exchange ideas and best practices. Since there aren't a lot of members in this User Group on the Community, your best bet might be to sync up with an APAC partner, and coordinate a lunch-and-learn type event here in this forum. You all get together, grab lunch, exchange ideas, and have a presentation or two. The format is essentially the same, but the logistics will be a little easier to manage because there are less people involved. I can even make one (or a few) of you an admin so you can set up your own event inside this User Group. Thoughts? Leave your comments below. Nate Bagley Community Manager Workfront natebagley@workfront.com | 801.477.9712
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Nate, Thanks for getting onto this. I had a chat with @Juan Holtzhausen from WMA and he is thinking about organising something like this, with a theme of reporting tips & tricks. In terms of physically getting together, we have some geographical issues as Australia is similar in size to the mainland USA, so we can't likely physically get everyone together for a lunch. There's also our cousins in NZ who have a 3 hour flight between them and East-coast Aus. :) Having said that, I'm based in Melbourne - as are WMA and a number of other Workfront customers, so let's work on a Melbourne location for the first one. :) Perhaps we can later do Sydney, and then NZ if the customer base there is big enough @Melanie Metcalfe ? Regards, David David Cornwell