Expand my Community achievements bar.

Kick Start 3 years of Projects

Level 4

We originally set up Workfront on one instance and used Companies to segregate different client groups. We have now moved one client onto their own instance but want to extract the 3 years worth of projects, 5438 to be precise, and import them here so they have historical data to refer to.

I have done the prelim work to do this via a Kick Start but am tying myself up in knots trying to figure out how to include the custom form attached to their projects and also the project tasks.

I ran a test and imported 8 projects and all the other info I wanted has come over but not tasks or custom data - I have tried reading the articles but I wanted to see a completed template etc to help me understand where I should add columns etc.

I know @Doug Den Hoed‚ has something I think called UberCalc which can update existing projects but wondered if I what I want to achieve is possible manually.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Thanks for tagging me Vikki,

To import these projects and custom data on your own, I'd suggest our Excel Updater solution (which does inserts and edits, where Kickstarts only do inserts), or our more comprehensive Workfront Merge/Split service.

Regards,

Doug